English Screening Test for Med students (1 Viewer)

heidi.s

HSC
Sorry I'm an international student, and am not entirely sure on the curriculum in Australia, would I need to do any study for this kind of test? Thanks.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
You need to learn how to speak English.

HSC
On Monday 19th february there is a DELA (Deiagnostic English Language Assessment) exam which is basically recommended for people who are not native English speakers. Its free so just give it a shot I guess.

fa22_raptor

HSC
Hi there - 2nd year meddie at Melbourne here. About that English test, it's basically a pretty stupid test to see if you know a whole bunch of so-called "common" Australian phrases. For example:

Complete the following phrase: "He was as fit as a _______"

It is NOT a multiple choice question which makes it rather tricky if you're not from an English-speaking background. Of course, the answer to the above is 'fiddle'. As for studying for it, there's not really much you can do... If you insist on studying you can google a few phrases but I'm sure they won't help much... Anyways, it's not that important and if you're deemed to require assistance, all you have to do is rock up to some English tutes and there's an interview at the end or something like that... It otherwise doesn't count for anything.

Cheers.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
fuck, ive been in australia since i was 6, and i couldnt figure out the 'he was as fit as a ___' line. that's a stupid test, though. what do colloquialisms have to do with success in medicine. they should test proper english.

Epic_Postings

lol wut?
HSC
stazi said:
fuck, ive been in australia since i was 6, and i couldnt figure out the 'he was as fit as a ___' line. that's a stupid test, though. what do colloquialisms have to do with success in medicine. they should test proper english.
lol my thoughts exactly

heidi.s

HSC
Oh dear. This isn't going to be fun for people like me. I feel even worse for people from New Zealand.

heidi.s

HSC
Wouldn't nearly all of the international students crash and burn then?
I'd imagine some of the natives would have trouble too...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)