english extension or biology? (1 Viewer)

study_student13

HSC
I go to a pretty good school (top 20 selective) and I'm not sure whether I should take english extension or biology. Right now I do 13 units and 2 accelerated so in year 12 I'll have 11 units. However, that is assuming I don't pick up extension 2 maths which I might. I wanted to originally drop modern and pick up english extension instead but I'm ranked high for modern and in my previous bio tests i have always been slightly above average. But I also do chemistry and everyone in my school does bio with chem and I like bio too. However, english ext scales well and its more free periods but i've heard its a lot of work for one unit. But since english is mandatory for the hsc and i'm currently doing advanced (my english scores are also a little above average) I might as well do extension english over bio right?

Realstudytips

HSC
I go to a pretty good school (top 20 selective) and I'm not sure whether I should take english extension or biology. Right now I do 13 units and 2 accelerated so in year 12 I'll have 11 units. However, that is assuming I don't pick up extension 2 maths which I might. I wanted to originally drop modern and pick up english extension instead but I'm ranked high for modern and in my previous bio tests i have always been slightly above average. But I also do chemistry and everyone in my school does bio with chem and I like bio too. However, english ext scales well and its more free periods but i've heard its a lot of work for one unit. But since english is mandatory for the hsc and i'm currently doing advanced (my english scores are also a little above average) I might as well do extension english over bio right?
why pick up extension if ur already ranked good in a subject? but in my opinion eng ext is a fun extra unit to do since it literally is just another unit of English just more content so u don't really have to learn anything "new" and instead get to put ur focus into an already mandatory subject so yeah id suggest to pick it up but also consider what assumed knowledge and pre-reqs u might need for ur other subjects for before picking it up

study_student13

HSC
why pick up extension if ur already ranked good in a subject? but in my opinion eng ext is a fun extra unit to do since it literally is just another unit of English just more content so u don't really have to learn anything "new" and instead get to put ur focus into an already mandatory subject so yeah id suggest to pick it up but also consider what assumed knowledge and pre-reqs u might need for ur other subjects for before picking it up
thanks for your suggestion! im good at memorisation (short term which is why I wanted to do modern history). I thought it would be better to take 3U eng, 3U maths and then bio chem for the hsc tho over chem modern history? Idk the teacher says roughly around 50% of kids in my school get band 6s for 3U eng. Is it worth it to drop bio even tho bio chem is a good combo?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)