English Advanced- Belonging related text help? (1 Viewer)

kellie_1996

HSC
I was in hospital during term 1 of year 12, and did not have to complete term 1 exams as the rest of students in my grade (marks will be estimated based on future results)
So although I didn't have to complete an assignment on a belonging related text, I am told that I will still have to study one for the HSC. I'm considering looking at either Looking for Alaska- John Green (as this is a text I previously studied in year 11 for Journeys) or perhaps nineteen minutes- jodi picoult (I haven't read this yet, although I hear it relates well to the topic area). I'm not sure if I should consider a new book as I have so much work to catch ip on in all my other subjects, should I just stick with Looking for Alaska? Or any other suggestions?

Sunners

HSC
Uni Grad
I used the Kite Runner and Groundhog day but after attending some TSFX lectures I'm reconsidering. Here is one of them
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fYhHtDvidQ (The Ultimate gift) (start at the 3 and a half minute mark). Another is the song lyrics to 'Cat's in the Cradle'. Another was the poem 'Invictus'.

You could do anything as long as it is a different text type to your related text ie. mine is a film as my related text is poetry.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)