Engineering (Telecommunications) (1 Viewer)

MindFunk

My number one choice. Sadly, despite my enthusiasm for all things science, I have had little input to what the course is like except for "heard it's a great course to do and you will easily get a job at the end of it all".

I am hoping to major in either Comms. Eng or telecomms engin / networks. Big attraction there is the growing telecommunications world, phone comapines coming out of the blue (and as some of you might remember, disappearing altogether... ;)

I see but one problem though - my subject choices have made life a little difficult.

Mathematics
Eng. Adv.
Physics
Drama
Music 1

with the two practical subjects there (namely the large effort for the performances and my video i did for my IP) i won't get the band 5 for maths that I KNOW I am going to need. Which just makes the course that little bit harder and daunting knowing that I haven't spent as much time on the things that matter than I should have...

Oh well.

Is anyone else considering an enginnering course, or possibly communications?

evilc

I am a fish
HSC
hey there, im already in an engineering course at newie uni (as you can tell by my sig.) and id defenitely recommend an engineering course. I have a friend from school doing telecommunications eng. / computer science at newcastle and he is finding it ok, i think first year telecomms is similar to electrical eng and software engineering, so if you didnt like it after a year, transferring to another field of engineering would be fairly easy. Oh and dont worry about the band 5 in maths, you should be pleasently suprised with your maths HSC results...i know i was..well good luck with it all.

countrydude

hmmmmm
HSC
N/A
Hey dudes, i want to do mechanical or civil, but im not sure how my UAI and MATHS will end up, i do phys, chem, maths, PDHPE, eng.

Grr i have study:(, ne way betta get bak 2 it cyas.

evilc

I am a fish
HSC
good choices of courses countrydude :) , dont stress about the maths either, band 5 in maths is only recommended for engineering, not a prerequisite. well good luck with study and HSC exams

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)