Engineering at Adelaide (1 Viewer)

Srinath

HSC
Hello folks!

I'm from India and have got admission for my Masters Program in Chemical Engineering at the University of Adelaide. I would like to know the standing
of this University in comparision with other prestigious schools like Sydney,
ANU and the like. Please also give me an Insight on the general life in adelaide.

liverpool3k

Banned
HSC
Srinath said:
Hello folks!

I'm from India and have got admission for my Masters Program in Chemical Engineering at the University of Adelaide. I would like to know the standing
of this University in comparision with other prestigious schools like Sydney,
ANU and the like. Please also give me an Insight on the general life in adelaide.
Adelaide is a Group of Eight university, so it's in the upper echelons of Aus. education institutes. That said, it's not uber-prestigious. But the teaching standard will be much the same.

About adelaide, I can't help too much, I'm an interstater, but from my time there, Adelaide is fairly small (pop=1 Million approx.), it is fairly laid back, and the water tastes a bit strange. That is all I can tell you but read <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adelaide">this</a>!

hachoo

HSC
Water sure does taste a little strange. I can vouch for that. Look how I turned out! :p

Uni Adelaide's Engineering is very good. It's in the Top 3 in the whole of Australia. Graduates may develop some of many security/warfare/automotive systems for major companies around the world. I went to the open day for the course (Automotive/Mechanical/Mechatronics) and it was very impressive. Got a couple of friends in it and it's very full on.

Chemical Engineering I'm not sure though. As Liv3k said, it's very laid back. Not much to do outside of uni. After you've been shopping, pubbing and to sports grounds, there really isn't much.

krayzie_

HSC
I am from Sydney, and I go adelaide very regularly. I can tell you that Adelaide Uni is a good university, my mum went to Adelaide and she's completed Masters as well as a PHd as result.

However the life in Adelaide is very quiet compared to Sydney/Melb/Qld. There is nothing to do except go drink at pubs :D I go back to Adelaide to visit people there and all we do is hang out at home and go eat. If you want a social life its better if you come to Sydney or Melbourne. However if a nice and quiet night is what you like then Adelaide could be for you!

And well its USYD and UNSW are considered pretty prestigiious but its really if you want the glory of the name. There are many uni's that have excellent Engineering programs you just need to check them out if you want more insight on which uni you want to go too!

Good luck

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)