Eng Ext 1 or Maths Ext 2? (1 Viewer)

mehello252

HSC
I have exam period (again) and i've managed to screw myself over like I did last time, even though i told myself not to do it again.

I have a Maths Ext 2 exam on Monday and I don't know how to really do one of the two topics. At this point it's my worst subject internal ranking wise but because of scaling, when I put it an estimate into an atar calculator, it counts.

I also have an Eng Ext 1 exam on Tuesday, where I have to write an essay. Thing is, I haven't prepared an essay yet, but I've spent at least 10 hours researching and planning it which I could've used for studying for my other subjects. Internal ranking wise, I'm not doing very badly but when I put it into an atar calculator, it doesn't count until I go up to a 48 or so (because my English advanced is alright hehe).

These are my considerations:
Drop eng ext 1 so I don't have to worry about writing the essay and can focus on maths ext 2
Do the essay and ignore maths ext 2, wing the maths ext 2 exam and pray.
Do the essay on monday night and have a bad essay
Do both but badly for both and both suck

What do you guys think? How common is it to get a 48/50 for ext eng, because it sounds pretty difficult?

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
Both subjects require a heavy investment.. There's a reason why most people choose to focus solely on one extension area (and that's enough work even then) but if you are really passionate in both subjects then keep it? Doing both topics seems challenging, I would drop the subject that has least contribution/impact to your future.. Like if you were to do something related to STEM then its better off doing Maths Ext 2 than English Ext 1.

Best luck for your exams regardless.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)