effect of environment on phenotype (1 Viewer)

mEkO =^_^=

hi i have 2 do dot point identify data sources and perform a first-hand investigation to demonstrate the effect of environment on phenotype
has anyone already done this any suggestions on wat i shud do????? i not sure wat to do every1 seems 2 just b doing plants and i wanna do sumfin diff.

Princess Court

HSC
yeh im doing a similar thing. i have the example about plants phenotype but could another example be that moth in england which changed colour after the industrial revolution?:confused:

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
talk about major thread necro'ing... but yes, peppermoth or artificial selecting by human (bred of horses, dogs etc)

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
bean plants in different environments. E.g. give some normal light, others no light and record their height etc.

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
Last edited:

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A

xiao1985

HSC
N/A

Rockyroad

Banned
HSC
Yea we have the same one due in a couple of weeks. I haven't started yet but I was thinking:
- Putting 50 seeds in the freezer or fridge for a day or so, 50 in some fire or oven or whatever for a while and some left in room temp for control. Then wet them and put them in my cupboard and count which group sprouts the most.
or
- The good old sunlight one
- Feeding seeds with normal water, water with a little salt and water with a lot of salt and see if it has an effect on the phenotype of the plants.

Viigja

HSC
I did the bean plant experiment. Separate them into two groups, since they are going to germinate whichever way. One group in the dark and one under light. The phenotype expressed in the light ones show green pigment for the environment influenced the need of chlorophyll for photosynthesis. The ones in the dark are albino, in the absence of light, photosynthesis can not take place. When I placed my white coloured plants in the sun, they turned green the next day.

Rockyroad

Banned
HSC
so the only example to make is the environmental effect on the phenotype of plants?!

Well you could try and do an experiment on bacteria or something, but of course, it would be far more difficult if not impossible. You don't know enough about what bacteria should look like etc. And you might get in trouble with the animal police (?) if you experiment with animals.:p: Plants are your best bet.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)