Econmics/Arts at USyd?? (1 Viewer)

whatever

Can anyone tell me why Sydney doesn't offer a combined degree in Economics/Arts?

:chainsaw:

timmii

sporadic attendee
It does. You get offered a place in economics, and then at enrollment you say you want to do arts as well. :) Check with the faculties for more details.

meh

woah
that just rocked my world
why does noone tell us these things *shakes head*

whatever

Okay, so you can do a combined degree Eco/Arts but it's not in the UAC guide cause you tell them when you enrol?

timmii

sporadic attendee
Basically yes, i think so. Though check with the faculties as to the exact nature and requirements because I don't want you missing out. From friends who are doing it, it seems that it's the same as with other combined degrees at usyd. E.g i just put down "law" and only at enrollment did they know i'd be doing commerce with it. Except for engineering double degrees, those I think you have to specifically go for the combined option.

timmii

sporadic attendee
You may want to download the economics handbook from www.econ.usyd.edu.au on page 51 or so they explain the structure of the double degrees (but don't explain how to enrol in it...)

Generator

HSC
N/A
Engineering double degrees are being reworked to give those students easier access to double combinations, or so say the people taking an engineering degree.

Last edited:

timmii

sporadic attendee
the BEc/BA is not listed - similar format to BCom/BA. My friend is doing it though, so it *must* exist :p

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Nah, there isn't a BEc/BA at Sydney Uni
If u can't get into BEcSocSc, then try for BCom/BA, its essentially the same degree, and u can take economics as a major in BCom

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by timmii
Are you sure? My friend says that's what he's doing...
Well I never directly asked last year, but I didnt find any info on it at open day brochures/online

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)