Easy Maths subjects (1 Viewer)

djmaddog

HSC
N/A
Need my 12cp as part of a combined commerce/science degree, with a pharmacology and psychology science major.
currently have:
MATH1004 Discrete Mathematics
MATH1014 Introduction to Linear Algebra
MATH1111 Introduction to Calculus

Tried finding out which were the easiest by vipreview website but allot of them weren't rated so its hard to tell, Thanks.

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC
Well seeing as the three subjects you have chosen are from three different streams, I think the relative difficulty of each subject is rather self explanatory.

Nevertheless, it's best to stick to the streams that reflect your level of high school mathematics. They recommend them for a reason. While doing MATH1111 might be easy for those with a 2U background or above, you'll likely become bored quite quickly, and not learn as much as you could in the higher streams.

Also, if you are majoring in psychology, then I would definitely include MATH1015/MATH1005. Having an understanding of statistics will be quite important for you in the future.

djmaddog

HSC
N/A
Can't select either of MATH1015/MATH1005, I get the following error:

"The selected unit does not meet the below course rule(s). You will need to select an alternative unit before continuing.
Prohibition: MATH1015 or MATH1905 or STAT1021 or STAT1022 or ECMT1010 or ENVX1001 or BUSS1020". Frankly, I could care less as to the enjoyment of the subject as long as it wont destroy my WAM and I can get through it relatively easy. Thanks for your help.

cormacshaw

HSC
N/A
Would definitely recommend some stats as those skills become very useful, particularly in science/psych. I'd imagine pharmacology would use stats extensively too. Come from a non-maths background (heck I'm doing MATH1111 this year) and did fine in two different stats classes in my old degree (D and HD).

Last edited:

clementinez

HSC
N/A
Would definitely recommend some stats as those skills become very useful, particularly in science/psych. I'd imagine pharmacology would use stats extensively too. Come from a non-maths background (heck I'm doing MATH1111 this year) and did fine in two different stats classes in my old degree (D and HD).
If you plan on majoring in psychology you really should take a stats unit as you'll have intermediate psychology stats later on. Also make sure to pick up some programming because most graduate study will include some.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)