EAS (1 Viewer)

specificagent1

HSC
You will get notified by uac in november on which institution will consider your categories but you wont be given a fixed number of adjustment points. This is as each uni assesses the impact differently and may choose to give different amount of points depending on what course you do and etc.

- Macq, WSU: up to 5 points
- UNSW, UTS, USYD: up to 10 points

specificagent1

HSC
side note:

many unis offer SRS for EAS individuals only so not everyone can apply for the srs. Take advantage of this!

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
do you ever end up finding out how many points you get? i am applying for personal illness (anxiety + depression) and family disruption (one of my parents passed away very recently.)

i hope you're all well.
take care & thank you
Please take care, my deepest condolences for your loss. I empathize with you a lot and I know how it feels to lose a loved one. Please take time to grief and mourn as it will allow you to release your emotions and find small comfort in such a tragic moment. I hope you can find solace or some place of comfort in the meantime.

Wishing you the best on your endeavours and my heart goes out for you and your family.

Life'sHard

HSC
Uni Grad
You will get notified by uac in november on which institution will consider your categories but you wont be given a fixed number of adjustment points. This is as each uni assesses the impact differently and may choose to give different amount of points depending on what course you do and etc.

- Macq, WSU: up to 5 points
- UNSW, UTS, USYD: up to 10 points
How do they know how many points to allocate to each person? Say your in a low socio-eco place, is it automatically 5 pts? Also does anyone know a way to lodge EAS for disrupted learning due to covid or does it have to be medically related?

Edit: I might as well just at the walking wikipedia @jimmysmith560

specificagent1

HSC
How do they know how many points to allocate to each person?
Each university decides what the impacts of your circumstances are and respond accordingly. They probably have a predetermined criteria ie if you qualify for this they give you this. They dont disclose how many points they give for what tho.

Say your in a low socio-eco place, is it automatically 5 pts?
no, depends on the uni and what they want to give you. Important thing with SEIFA is that you can apply for many srs and equity programs like uts equity srs, unsw gateway and usyd e12

Also does anyone know a way to lodge EAS for disrupted learning due to covid or does it have to be medically related?
medically related is an eas category if you would like to apply. For general covid disruptions there is no eas category for it. If your parents have suffered financially due to covid19 and have received commonwealth payments you can apply for F01K

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
@mikrokosmos My deepest condolences to you and your family. May your parent rest in peace. 🙏

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How do they know how many points to allocate to each person? Say your in a low socio-eco place, is it automatically 5 pts? Also does anyone know a way to lodge EAS for disrupted learning due to covid or does it have to be medically related?

Edit: I might as well just at the walking wikipedia @jimmysmith560
Walking Wikipedia here, it doesn't send a notification that you've mentioned me if it's an edit to a post you've already made :(

Some additional information regarding EAS I will include should other users be interested or unsure:

There are 25 specific disadvantages that institutions will consider under EAS. The disadvantages are grouped into nine broad categories, which are as follows:

1. Disrupted schooling:

Disadvantages under this category include:
  • The student attended three or more different secondary schools during Years 10, 11 and 12
  • The student (whose first language is English) moved to Australia after the beginning of Year 11
  • The student moved interstate after the start of Year 11
  • The student is studying one or more year 12 subjects through distance education or an access program
2. Financial hardship:

• The student is receiving Youth Allowance, Austudy or ABSTUDY
  • The student is receiving other Centrelink means-tested benefits
  • The student is experiencing exceptional financial hardship
  • The student's parent(s)/guardian(s) received Family Tax Benefit Part A during Year 11 and/or Year 12 (or equivalent).
  • The student's parent(s)/guardian(s) received JobKeeper payments and/or COVID-19 Disaster Payments for at least three months during the student's Year 11 and/or Year 12 (or equivalent) studies.
  • The student's parent(s)/guardian(s) received the JobSeeker allowance for a period of at least three months from March 2020 onwards.
3. Severe family disruption:

• Death of an immediate family member/close friend
  • Life-threatening/severe illness of an immediate family member/close friend
  • Divorce or separation of parents or applicant
  • Criminal/legal matters for offences not committed by the applicant
  • The student, their parents, or any of their siblings have experienced severe abuse for a period of at least six months during Year 11 and/or 12 (or equivalent).
  • The student experienced was affected by a natural disaster.
4. Excessive family responsibilities:

• The student has excessive responsibility for the care of children/other family members
  • The student is equired to work to support their family or themselves.
  • The student has had excessive responsibility for the care of themselves, while living independently, with no family/partner support, for a period of at least six months during Year 11 and/or Year 12 or equivalent.
5. English language difficulty:

• ESL student/started school in Australia in Year 11 or Year 12
  • ESL student/started school in Australia in Years 7 to 10
  • ESL student/entered Australia in 2017 or later
6. Personal illness/disability:

The disadvantage under this category is:
  • The student suffers from a disability or a long-term medical condition
7. Refugee status:

• Refugee status: The student is, or has previously been, the holder of an Australian refugee visa.
8. School environment:

This relates to schools in rural areas, specific information is available using the following link:

9. Socio-economic indexes for areas (SEIFA):

• The residential address you entered in the student's UAC undergraduate application is identified by the Australian Bureau of Statistics as being in the lowest 25% of socio-economic disadvantage in Australia.

Additional information, such as eligibility criteria for each category and disadvantage can be accessed using the following link:

I would like to encourage everyone who is experiencing any of those disadvantages (i.e. to whom any of the above disadvantages apply) to apply for EAS as it could be extremely helpful, which has been sadly demonstrated through OP's initial post.

Best of luck guys! :D✊

Last edited:

mikrokosmos

HSC
thank you so much guys literally tearing up rn <3 it means a lot to me :) yeah i'm in the process of applying right now while studying for my trials very fun (also retail therapy- very helpful)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)