EAS Scheme (1 Viewer)

crystalmetallix

HSC
N/A
when or how do you know if you get accepted for the scheme and how many disadvantage points you will receive?

Tim035

HSC
I got a letter about 2 months ago saying:
UAC has received your educational access schemes (EAS) application listing the following disadvantage codes:
-PO1A Disability or long term medical condition

UAC has automatically classified you as eligible for this category of disadvantage.

Andrew Stanton
Managing Director

crystalmetallix

HSC
N/A
isnt that just an acknowledgement letter though that they received your application, not the outcome of it?

Sprinkles~

splashing in puddles
HSC
Tim035 said:
UAC has automatically classified you as eligible for this category of disadvantage.
Yeah I recieved that letter, it's only the acknowledgment that they've recieved your application. That bit above only applies for applicants who are eligable for a school that's supported by the Priority School's Funding Program or Country Areas Program. They don't need to apply for the EAS because UAC automatically assesses them as eligable.

I think it's up to individual uni's to assess whether you're eligable or not for the EAS in the course you applied for, so you'll find out when you get place offers in the main round. How many "points" you recieve will also depend in the university.

Bookie

Banned
HSC
i was gonna start a thread on this, but thanks to the thread starter.

so do we actually get a note saying "you are worthy of eas?"

or is it always done through each uni?

It's really fucking gay. The system is gay. I hate allocation. It's unfair.

oh wells. hope everyone that applies [with a worthy cause] gets into the course they want.

Sprinkles~

splashing in puddles
HSC
Going by the EAS booklet I don't think we get a letter saying we're eligable, it just looks like its done by each uni and we find out when offers are made.

But I have no idea, its really confusing :confused:

I think its stupid, you could miss out on the course you want because someone else under the EAS got a higher UAI but they might not have had as much disadvantage. grr its just unfair.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)