Dropping extension (1 Viewer)

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
well right now im doing 3u extension maths and i don't think i will do fairly well.

i do 11 units and dropping it will make it 10

however as i see it, if i still continue to do 3u but don't care about it. like if i stuff it up it just wont count.

is there any bad side to this ?

besides considering that you have to be in a class learning 3u as well

m3.4..012

hm...
what if you actually do worse at another subject?

that makes it at least 3units gone wrong.
but I don't think you'll get a decent mark since
doesn't ext math scale you higher?

+:: $i[Q]u3 ::+

Jaded Member
HSC
yeh.. unless you've really really screwed all your assessments so far, i'd prolli advise not dropping it (who knows? you might improve fantastically between now and october)...

do u want to drop it cuz u think u don't wanna be wasting ur time studying for an extra unit? (that u won't count?)
cuz that extra unit for maths is a lotta work (considering it's only one unit).. if ya really think it'll give u a breather; make a decision and drop it; you'll feel a lot better (i did when i dropped from 15 to 13 units... ahh)

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
well

i did my half yearly and 1 assessment tak for 3u

and both i'd say i got my mark about 50%.

ranking for the assessment might be ok but i don't think its that good for the half yearly.

my other subjects ranking is about

english 15-25th
maths 2u 15-25th
softwaredesign 5th out of about 11 people
chemistry about 10th
physics about 10th-20th

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
Originally posted by +:: $i[Q]u3 ::+
yeh.. unless you've really really screwed all your assessments so far, i'd prolli advise not dropping it (who knows? you might improve fantastically between now and october)...

do u want to drop it cuz u think u don't wanna be wasting ur time studying for an extra unit? (that u won't count?)
cuz that extra unit for maths is a lotta work (considering it's only one unit).. if ya really think it'll give u a breather; make a decision and drop it; you'll feel a lot better (i did when i dropped from 15 to 13 units... ahh)
actually im just going to stay in the 3u class but not make any attempt and pretend its like a 2u.

so basically im not wasting any time studying that unit

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Originally posted by Ragerunner
actually im just going to stay in the 3u class but not make any attempt and pretend its like a 2u.

so basically im not wasting any time studying that unit
You do realise that you'll pull down the rest of your 3u class if you do that, right? heh.

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Originally posted by YEAR12
he won't be pulling them down if he comes last
Yeh he will... assessment marks are stretched or squished to span or fit within the range of the exam marks... the further down the bottom exam mark is, the further down the whole range of assessment marks gets stretched.

+:: $i[Q]u3 ::+

Jaded Member
HSC
Originally posted by YEAR12
he won't be pulling them down if he comes last
yep.. lazarus right...

our school has this policy (???) where if you don't do satisfactorily in an extention subject, they pull the carpet out from underneath you and drop u from the subject.. for the sheer reason that you'll bring everyone down..... -.-;;

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by +:: $i[Q]u3 ::+

yep.. lazarus right...

our school has this policy (???) where if you don't do satisfactorily in an extention subject, they pull the carpet out from underneath you and drop u from the subject.. for the sheer reason that you'll bring everyone down..... -.-;;
thats also why they have quotas on 4U maths at the good performing selective schools. Ruse I think is set around 70 - simply coz they dun want ppl doing it for the sake of it and bringing the average down

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)