Driverless Cars Approved (1 Viewer)

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
I have a strong feeling that these cars will be managed using a subscription-like payment system, or pay-per-use model, rather than the traditional upfront purchase.
That would make sense in order to cover the issues I stated above.

I don't envisage that really happening tbh, at least not to an extent where it becomes a problem.

Public transport remains as the cost-effective option by far.
Actually I didn't factor in the cost of the thing will be pretty high so yes public transport would be cost effective. However, won't be as time effective. Depending on how much time is valued over money (which probably in which case money will be valued more by most people), then it would come into play. I get where you are coming from now.

astroman

HSC
I don't think you'd want to see driverless cars cheaper though.. from a safety point of view.
i don't get how you are associating cheap cars with unsafe drivers, the self driving car is aimed at people unfit or unable to drive cars, such as young students, injured people or elderly and these categories of people i doubt would want to spend that much money on a car.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
i don't get how you are associating cheap cars with unsafe drivers, the self driving car is aimed at people unfit or unable to drive cars, such as young students, injured people or elderly and these categories of people i doubt would want to spend that much money on a car.
I meant for safety mechanisms failure i.e like cheaper cars tend to have a worse problems with breaks etc

EpikHigh

Arizona Tears
HSC
we've had this technology for ages!!! ITS CALLED PUBLIC TRANSPORT!! xD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)