Does anyone else... (1 Viewer)

Badberries

HSC
Go through stages when you feel like you can do the HSC and get decent marks, and then stages where you feel utterly hopeless and doomed to a sub-60 ATAR?

:(

Been the story of my life, am I really, super unprepared or is this normal?

JoF

HSC
Well, I have to say I'm going through this right now. Over the last several weeks I've been cautiously optimistic about my chances of getting a decent ATAR. However, I've now been struck with a mortal fear that I'm going to struggle to get 70.00 :s Its very disconcerting and all stems from my fear that General Maths is going to screw me over haha.

I think this kind of apprehension and anxiety is perfectly normal, especially given the importance of the exams we're about to undertake :)

Badberries

HSC
Haha I too, do General Maths.
However that isn't worrying me as I am coming 1/100~ and got a good 10% on the second person in my year in the trials haha.

I am more worried about adv. English, which is ironic considering I do 4u... There is just so much that can go wrong!

JoF

HSC
Oh I'm so jealous, I only managed 27/155 in General Maths. I'm top 3 in my four other subjects but General just has me terrified haha.

The problem with Adv English is that it can be so subjective. It can also be difficult to study given we must master the content and develop our own personal perspectives and interpretations. Plus belonging is a painful Area of Study haha.

TorMental

HSC
Its called burning out. Just don't worry about it, because nothing is going to change.

'Only you are holding yourself back'

Boredinthisward

HSC
Go through stages when you feel like you can do the HSC and get decent marks, and then stages where you feel utterly hopeless and doomed to a sub-60 ATAR?

Wow, this is exactly how I feel! I just have the biggest fear of getting an ATAR in the 60's. There are times when I'm like "I should get 85ish" but then I read something (usually on here lol) that makes me think "I'm screwed!"

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
Chin up guys, you achieve nothing by moaning over poor exam results. Move on and take that as a warning, motivation to work harder.

Badberries

HSC
Wow, this is exactly how I feel! I just have the biggest fear of getting an ATAR in the 60's. There are times when I'm like "I should get 85ish" but then I read something (usually on here lol) that makes me think "I'm screwed!"
Yeah oath! haha, I'm aiming for 90 but given preparation English is looking pretty poor and my other subjects arn't great. Ohwell I guess sly is right in a way!

pinkiipromise

HSC
N/A
I was motivated throughout the year but since the trials, I have been slacking off.

I thought I could get at least 80 ATAR but now, I don't even know if I could get 60.

Badberries

HSC
I was motivated throughout the year but since the trials, I have been slacking off.

I thought I could get at least 80 ATAR but now, I don't even know if I could get 60.
To be honest my friend. If you care enough about the HSC to be on the 'bored of studies' forum, then you care SO much more than probably more than half the state. I'm sure you and me both will get over 60 (and hopefully into the 90's :D )

2011_

HSC

This happens to me all the time - one minute I think "I can get 85 fairly easily" and the next it's "I'm only going to get ATAR of 70 ARGH!"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)