do hsc markers mark harshly? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

0o0

o0o
HSC
N/A
still living in a dream world are we?

what type of human. after reading thousands and thousands of pages, constantly switching between peoples writing, sitting in the one annoying spot for hours on end, would possibly want to continue reading ?

my sister isnt the only one that marks like this.

refer back to what i wrote
""they do have 3 markers marking the same paper, but chances are, they are all just as bored and pissed of, so they'll just skim it and pretend theyve remarked the thing, when indeed they;re thinking about something else""

come on ppl. they arent robots. were u expecting exact accurate results everytime round? LOL
u might get alot less then u deserve, or u might get alot higher
or u might get spot on.

think aobut it ppl, whether u believe me or not afterwards is sometihng little of my concern. but wake up from ur dream world

these markers have family, friends, problems of their own, a life of their own. the very last tihng that they care about is some student's business report. if they met u in real life, they may think ur the best person in the world. but for the moment, ur just a number wasting their time

ur teachers may say they dont mark in that manner.
if they are telling the truth (which they arnt) then they must be super computer robots or something

of course they're gonna tell you they mark properly, they dont want their students getting all pissed and demotivated knowing their that UAI mark and ultimately their whole future lies in the hands of whether or not their marker got the cock last night or not.

know if you dont believe me. find a big book. and start reading 10 thousand pages. ill gaurantee thet you'll get bored. as a bonus, u can read 10 000 pages of something interesting, lying in ur own bed.

not 10 000 pages and more of boring bullshit sitting in the one spot.

WAKE UP.

cadsy48

no 0o0 thats not completely true....i also know an HSC marker and while there are a minority who mark that way, they are considered very bad markers and are tried to get weeded out of the marking system....ok fine they are not robots like you said but they havbe a legitimate responsibility to mark accurately...and i doubt it happens that much, because with such erratic marking it would be checked for discrepancies too often and take up too much time, costing Bos more money. If the markers dont want to read the reports, then why in the hell did they volunteer to mark them? The small minority of markers who do do this, are considered hopeless and stupid by the real markers who are there, and when each paper is marked they are instructed to mark erach paper as though it was there own childs...im not kidding, ive heard first hand. So tell your sister if she doesnt like the job to get fucked and stop fucking with peoples emotions, because essentially that is what she is doing.

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
Originally posted by 0o0
"they do have 3 markers marking the same paper, but chances are, they are all just as bored and pissed of, so they'll just skim it and pretend theyve remarked the thing, when indeed they;re thinking about something else"
I don't believe that for a second. The markers aren't stupid, they all know how important the HSC is, and if they do that ^ then basically they are fucking with our futures. All markers should be marking with equal attention and care, whether its 9am and they've just started, or 10pm after 5 coffees and marking 500 papers. Sure, at 10pm they might be dead sick and tired of marking and just want to go home, and sure they might get a really boring essay at 10pm and because they are in a bad mood, might give it a couple less marks than they would normally, but I highly doubt that it would be as extreme as what you said. I mean, all 3 markers thinking about something else when they're marking? Only skimming the first page and giving it a mark? Un-fuckin-likely.

Originally posted by 0o0
ur just a number wasting their time
If we are just "wasting their time", then why the fuck did they volunteer to mark the HSC. No marker is forced to do it, they volunteer.

Look OoO, have you ever been to a marking centre and actually seen the markers marking? If not, then how do you know all this? Because your sister told you? But she is one marker out of thousands (or hundreds however many there are) and as Ribbon said, if that's the way she marks, then she ought to be kicked out. That's just the most unfair and ridiculous way to mark, regardless of whether you fresh and happy, or tired and pissed off.

I think it's stupid anyway that each marker has to mark so much in a single day. Surely they could spread it out more, or get more markers so that each marker does not have so much to mark.

Btw OoO, I hope for fuck's sake that your sister does not mark any part of my business studies paper.

karnevil

HSC
Yeh right 0o0, all the people who get good UAIs arent actually good students, they just happen to be the people who are first off the marking pile. its all luck ey!? everyone, u can write a page of keywords and nothing else, and as long as youre first off the pile, youre headed for a UAI of 100!

what a load of bullshit. your sister shouldnt be messing with peoples futures like that, she should be turfed out of the marking centre

0o0

o0o
HSC
N/A
for those of you slow ones who still think my sister is the only bad marker. after me telling you TWICE otherwise. dont read on, ur prolly wont understand.

well firstly, because my sister has taught for a many number of years, (12 to be exact) she is an excellent marker and knows everything regarding business, economics and legal studies.

people ask her advice on how to mark and she is usually the lead marker on business/legal.

there is nothing in ur report that you write about, that she doesnt already know.

she can read the first page of ur report, and tell what the next 3 pages will be. and give u a very accurate mark based on that.

you;ve only been studying for 2 years, she;s studied for 6 years on top of 12 years teaching, she knows more than you, and she knows what ur gonna say before u say it.

all of you should be praying that my sister gets ur paper.
most of the newer slower eager markers who read word for word reports will tend to mark you down, simply because of depression of reading ur bullshit.

know admittedly, ive scared you all with some exagerations. most of you are actually at an advantage, cuz markers read ur report take into account their pissed of mood and their 5th hour of marking, and just give u a few marks extra what u deserve.

no one is at disadvantage, only slight advantages.

nevertheless, all markers have lives, and u may be the unlucky 1.

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
Originally posted by 0o0
no one is at disadvantage
Yep, sure. We get marked down because our papers happen to be on the bottom of the pile, and according to you, its bad luck, because the markers will not pay the same amount of attention and concentration as they did to the previous papers, and we're not at a distadvantage? Whatever

Originally posted by 0o0
most of you are actually at an advantage, cuz markers read ur report take into account their pissed of mood and their 5th hour of marking, and just give u a few marks extra what u deserve.
Yes, but couldn't it work the other way? As in, being in a pissed off mood, they would generally be more negative towards each paper, be more pedantic etc...? I don't know, I'm just asking

Ok, so say markers do only read the first page of some reports. But if they read the whole thing on the first few papers they marked, shouldn't they read the whole thing on every single report?? The system needs to be consistent, does it not?

I guess in the end all that matters is that every HSC student gets a fair mark for all their subjects, and all papers/essays get the same amount of time spent on them, and the thing is, I can't see that happening with the way you have described how some markers mark. Your sister may have all that experience but I really do think that the way of marking she described seems wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)