do graded math classes matter in year 9? (1 Viewer)

HSC
depends if you want to do accelerated maths. other than that i wouldnt say that year 9,10 matters too much.
but being in a lowclass before yr 11 could prevent you from doing higher maths hsc courses like ext1 or ext 2.

MissKrabappel

HSC
does it matter or influence anything if you get into a low math class in year 9?
does it harm your ability to perform better?
In addressing your question “does year 9 mathematics matter”, I personally think it is what you as an indivisual want to do in your senior studies. Due to you being in year 9 (assuming), there is a lot of valuable time to reflect and improvise your academic performance in the 5.3 math course. Looking at this discursively, year 9 mathematics does establish critical fundamentals for further mathematics such as algebraic techniques, trigonometry, quadratics, factorising, probability, finance (advance/standard course). So it would be super effective if you improvised on these points, however, year 9 mathematics isn’t something you should be overly stressing over about. Like I stated earlier, there is ample time to improve your performance and exam skills. to conclude, it is beneficial and important but only if you‘re planning to study further maths however if that isn’t the case, then it isn’t really.

kind regards

miss K

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)