Distinctively Visual - The Soloist (1 Viewer)

Roy216

HSC
I've chosen the soloist as my related text, I've picked out my themes and examples from the film.

However, I'm having trouble with putting it all together, is anyone else doing The Soloist as their related text?

sarahdirani

HSC
Hey, I'm doing The soloist for my speech for module A and I have no idea where to start...

Could you please help me with any ideas you had and how you fit it in

I have to analyse how this film uses particular language forms and features to communicate ideas of the composer

will1997

HSC
- Pick 2/3 scenes maximum from the film that explicitly engages with the themes/characters etc of your prescribed text
- Look at techniques such as film shots, costumes, body language, facial expression
- Also, look at how dialogue is used to affect the responder (e.g. Jamie Fox speaking incredibly fast)

sarahdirani

HSC
Thankyou, though I'm not even that familiar with this movie so I think its a bad idea to do my speech on and many have said this movie doesn't make sense?

I have to pick a film and I'm not sure what to do, I'm going blank :/ If you have any movies that would be good to do let me know..
If not I'll just watch The Soloist & see how I go

- My prescribed text is Henry Lawson's short stories but for this assessment we don't have to relate the film to our prescribed text which is good
We just have to show how the language forms and features communicate ideas of the composer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)