distinction for grad med ???? (1 Viewer)

garry007

HSC
N/A
Hi! To enter Grad Med, would a distinction average(so 75 ish?) in Medical Science at Usyd be satisfactory? Or MUST I obtain a high distinction average?

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
D i think. but HD would serve you very well. i want to get into grad med too after med sci. its a combination of GAMSAT and WAM. so yeah the higher the better. go for HD........

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
oh the sweet innocence of kiddies that believe HD averages are actually somewhat attainable for not only one semester, but right throughout your entire undergrad degree.

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
hipsta_jess said:
oh the sweet innocence of kiddies that believe HD averages are actually somewhat attainable for not only one semester, but right throughout your entire undergrad degree.
i know it is bloody hard but why not go for it anyways. it means if you stuff GAMSAT you still have a chance. someone has to get HD anyways so why not try. and dont patronise me. just cause youve done uni doesnt mean you know everything (even though you know more than me doesnt mean i know nothing).

tell me where i said HD was somewhat attainable. and tell me what is wrong with being ambitious.

Last edited:

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
you do realise that if even just once you miss out on a HD, you can never regain your HD average

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
hipsta_jess said:
you do realise that if even just once you miss out on a HD, you can never regain your HD average
what? so you actually have to get all HDs the whole way through? isnt that just determined by your WAM?

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
I'm not entirely sure how the WAM works for entry into grad med, but I know for a GPA HD average, you need to only get HD's...
edit: I'm not entirely sure how USYD uses WAM's either, I know up here they're only really used in the engineering faculty.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Yeah, but is that average a WAM or GPA calculated average?

Bob.J

ZoOm
HSC
you guys are talking crap
read up on it first before speculating
To get an interview for usyd grad med you need a GPA of 5.5 (unweighed, ie. each year worth the same amount).
Once you get an interview the only thing that determines whether you get in or not is your interview score. Gamsat is used for tie breakers

Last edited:

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
Bob.J said:
you guys are talking crap
read up on it first before speculating
To get an interview for usyd grad med you need a GPA of 5.5 (unweighed, ie. each year worth the same amount).
Once you get an interview the only thing that determines whether you get in or not is your interview score. Gamsat is used for tie breakers
i wasnt speculating i just said what i THOUGHT. and then i was saying youd e better off with the highest scores possible.

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
hipsta_jess said:
edit: OH gpa hd average...
still doesnt' hurt to try =p

and besides, why's every one goin for med ani way??? isn't sci much much betta??? =S

Last edited:

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
A HD average is different to a HD GPA.

For a HD GPA, you can never miss out on a HD, or it is goooooooooone.
For a HD average, taking into account your actual marks, it is possible, although noone bothers with that, lol.

theone123

blue essence
HSC
hipsta_jess said:
A HD average is different to a HD GPA.

For a HD GPA, you can never miss out on a HD, or it is goooooooooone.
For a HD average, taking into account your actual marks, it is possible, although noone bothers with that, lol.
HD aver. is in terms of WAM of >85 which is quite achievable.

aditya

HSC
are u sure about that? HD GPA crap.... because that sounds unattianable a person would get so stressed.....

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
you dont need thatfor med but it would be advantageous though. someone said you need a gpa 5.5

truespirit_jj

What?

So credit average in medical science isn't enough?
I thought that the results in the Bachelor's degree only served as a reqirement to sit for GAMSAT

Bob.J

ZoOm
HSC
qkenrdl said:
So credit average in medical science isn't enough?
I thought that the results in the Bachelor's degree only served as a reqirement to sit for GAMSAT
you can even get a pass avg and apply for UQ grad med (but gamsat cutoff is higher)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)