Desperate need of info (1 Viewer)

tmitch

HSC
We are currently studying changing self in our english area of study and i was wondering if anyone could give me feedback on non-fiction, fiction and visual texts that i can analyse on this subject...Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Cheap Thrills

HSC
yes people from school see my subjects, scream FREAK and then realise who this is. lol

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
I don't really understand what your question is so I'll just answer as I see fit. It depends on what type of text your actual set text is and somewhat on what you're good at analysing. For example, I studied Othello by Shakespeare, which is obviously a play. So, my related texts were a feature article and a film mainly because I'm sucky at visual texts like Leunig. It's advisable that you do a related text that's a different medium from your set text to show your markers that you can analyse an array of texts as opposed to just one particular type.

It's like, if you did Coleridge's poetry as a set text, try not to use Keats' poetry as a related, of course, it doesn't matter if you do, it just looks better if you didn't.

Cheap Thrills

HSC
What the assessment task is, is analysing three different texts (fiction, non-fiction and visual), write a composition about changing self. We have to talk about techniques, process of change and learning about change for all three texts. In class we're doing much ado about nothing (that is if your doing advanced tmitch. are you?)

tmitch

HSC
yeah we are doin much ado but the other texts dont have to relate to it... we just have to do three separate analysis's on the three text types

Cheap Thrills

HSC
You could use a film like a Disney-type one with a moral for the children type of thing, such as the Lion King or Aladdin. Non-fiction, any biography or autobiography talks about the subject changing. Visual I think pretty much everyone is fucked on. Talk to you teacher bout it.

dajk2

HSC
"the seven ages of man", a poem by Shakespeare has some great accompanying pictures if u search on google images.

Fiction, there's always classics like pride and prejudice, where she gets over her cynical self.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)