Desperate Help Needed (1 Viewer)

AlexisJames

I need to chosse a rock song and define its characteristics. Whats are some characteristics of a particular rock song. This will be used 4 a listening task

tonka87

me need help too

yeah i also need help. im doing performance as one of my electives and its gotta be pop music.. i play violin (about grade 4 or 5) and so im reallllly stuck as its very hard to find a pop song that can be played on violin (and actually sound half decent).
if anyone has any ideas of what i can do it would help me heappsss..

MouNtY

wats dat reallly famous violinists name. It's like vanessa mae i think her name is. she's got some rockin stuff, and also the corrs got violin in there songs don't they?

anyhow legal assignment to do.

hope i helped

olay

HSC
i guess the riffs and stuf that feature throughout.. common structure.. common instruments... a lot of repeated chord progressions, relatively simple beats. [oh my god i think i'm degrading rock music. O_O i love rock...!!! my anti-modern music music teacher is brainwashing me!!!]. i'm making out to be a really simple form of music here. maybe you should verify those pointers with ur teacher or sthg.

^^^ i agree, vanessa mae would be good. corrs might be a bit simple though? BUT they have solo instrumental stuf. very irish. :)

Aussiechick

HSC
Originally posted by tonka87
yeah i also need help. im doing performance as one of my electives and its gotta be pop music.. i play violin (about grade 4 or 5) and so im reallllly stuck as its very hard to find a pop song that can be played on violin (and actually sound half decent).
if anyone has any ideas of what i can do it would help me heappsss..
How about Corrs songs? Sharon Corr plays Violin

tonka87

thanx dudes

yeah thanx for help.. corrs are a little easy and i was kinda hopin to play somethin a bit different. thanx anywayz

timrie6

HSC
N/A
Okay a really good start to analysing a song would be get hold of the sheet music- sooo much easier.

next, think about the following points
Duration
Pitch
Texture
Tone Colour

Duration is things like note and rest values, accents, time signature, tempo, rhythm patterns

Pitch is things like melodic shape, pitch patterns, register and types of chords used (major or minor)

Texture is whether the song is monophonic, homophonic or polyphonic (density of sound)

Tone Colour is intrumentation used, how the sounds are produced and types of sounds (eg natural, acoustic, electric)

Make sure , throughout all those points u point out any repetition and any variation of them throughout the song.

In answer to the question about pop song with violins- there are many, they are just used as atmospheric, background music. As the other person mentioned, the corrs is a good one to do, as violins are a big part of their songs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)