• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Design Tech Survey (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fluffmeister

HSC
Its for my design Tech MDP, if uv got some spair time and are between 15-22 or so please fill it in :)

Market Research –Youth Survey

1. What is your age?

2. Do you currently have any kind of job? If so, what?

3. If not, are you actively looking for any kind of work? If so, what medium are you searching through (newspapers etc)?

4. Have you ever tried searching for youth jobs on website such as Seek.com.au? If so, how did it go?

5. Do you know:
• Your rights as an employee (either casual or part-time):

• How to get a tax file number:

• How to set up a bank account:

6. If there was a site completely dedicated to youth casual jobs, listing job possibilities in your area, would you use it?

7. Do you have any concerns with youth searching for jobs on a website?

8. Do you think businesses would primarily use this as a source of cheap labour?

9. What is your opinion on businesses taking advantage of youth labour?

10. Do you feel that this has ever happened to you? If so, please provide some information on the incident
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Last edited:

adgala

HSC

1. What is your age? 17

2. Do you currently have any kind of job? If so, what? No

3. If not, are you actively looking for any kind of work? If so, what medium are you searching through (newspapers etc)? Yes, Company Websites, Job Finder Websites (e.g. Seek)

4. Have you ever tried searching for youth jobs on website such as Seek.com.au? If so, how did it go? Youth Jobs? Assuming <18 jobs, no i haven't.

5. Do you know:
No

No, but i got one in year 10 (School did it for us)

Yes

6. If there was a site completely dedicated to youth casual jobs, listing job possibilities in your area, would you use it?
If was <18, yes i would.

No, it is an excellent medium for businesses to advertise jobs.

8. Do you think businesses would primarily use this as a source of cheap labour?
I'd think so, minimum wage = more cash for businesses, that's the way i see it.

9. What is your opinion on businesses taking advantage of youth labour? kids have a choice if they want to work at that business or not, so i honestly don't mind as long as they're [the kids] happy.

10. Do you feel that this has ever happened to you? If so, please provide some information on the incident. N/A

toadstooltown

1337 }{4><
HSC
N/A

1. What is your age? 17

2. Do you currently have any kind of job? If so, what? Yes, customer service, food preparation

3. If not, are you actively looking for any kind of work? If so, what medium are you searching through (newspapers etc)?
N/A

4. Have you ever tried searching for youth jobs on website such as Seek.com.au? If so, how did it go?
No

5. Do you know:
Yes

YEs

Yes

Yes

No, it's cheap and much more likely to reach a larger portion of youth seeking work.

Definately. Most casual youth employees aren't payed for their skills, but time. At my work a non-supervisor is referred to as a 'body'.

The current structure of businesses, especially big ones such as Colse-Myer, means that the company's main goal is to keep its share-price up and youth labour is an excellent way of cutting costs (even if it does cost quality sometimes too)

10. Do you feel that this has ever happened to you? If so, please provide some information on the incident.
Yup, no employees receive award wages on Sundays or public holidays anymore and supervisors now get payed the same as 'bodies'. Très crap.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
1. What is your age?

babysitting (for families) and other child-related work (through a company)

yes. it was ok. i've gotten one of my current jobs out of it

5. Do you know:
yes
yes
yes

possibly

no

no

its wrong, but those are often the sorts of businesses which not many people want to work for (generally because they take advantage of youth)

10. Do you feel that this has ever happened to you? If so, please provide some information on the incident
no

Last edited:
N

noir.

1. What is your age? 16

2. Do you currently have any kind of job? If so, what? Yes, checkout chick and service assistant

4. Have you ever tried searching for youth jobs on website such as Seek.com.au? If so, how did it go? No.

5. Do you know:
• Your rights as an employee (either casual or part-time): I like to think I do

• How to get a tax file number: Yes

• How to set up a bank account: Yes

6. If there was a site completely dedicated to youth casual jobs, listing job possibilities in your area, would you use it? Probably, if I didn't have a job and wanted one

7. Do you have any concerns with youth searching for jobs on a website? No

8. Do you think businesses would primarily use this as a source of cheap labour? No

Some businesses take advantage of youth labour because its cheaper. But yeh, its wrong.

Nope.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC

1. What is your age? 17!

yep. at woolies - delicatessen assistant

handed in resume's ... applied online. everything's online now adays -_-'

nope

5. Do you know:
yep

yep

nup

yep

not really

yeah .. award system : younger you are, the less you are paid

well, it's every businesses ultimate aim : to try and maximise profit whilst reducing expenses. and labour is an expense they have to cut,, but it's unfair to older employees

nup? :S

xsavagex

HSC
. What is your age?16

2. Do you currently have any kind of job? If so, what?yeah im a checkout chick at woolworths

4. Have you ever tried searching for youth jobs on website such as Seek.com.au? If so, how did it go?yeah i tried but there is never anything for teenagers on there

5. Do you know:
• Your rights as an employee (either casual or part-time):yeah kinda

• How to get a tax file number:nope

• How to set up a bank account:kind of but igot my mum to help me

6. If there was a site completely dedicated to youth casual jobs, listing job possibilities in your area, would you use it?definately. 100% definately would use it

7. Do you have any concerns with youth searching for jobs on a website?yeah its really difficult to find anything

8. Do you think businesses would primarily use this as a source of cheap labour? nah i dont think so

9. What is your opinion on businesses taking advantage of youth labour?i think its wrong

10. Do you feel that this has ever happened to you? If so, please provide some information on the incident nope

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)