Depressed (1 Viewer)

Starlette

HSC
Okay guys like most year 12's around Sydney I just had my physics trials and I swear I'm not exaggerating or anything I completely screwed it up. The questions seem to be in another language for me and the calculation questions were hard enough though I liked calculations in science.

I was just wondering could I improve heaps in my actual hsc exam even though I screwed up my trials so much?
If I cant then oh wells I dont think I'll get a good UAI though....

Well best of luck for anyone else who still have their trials.

underthesun

N1NJ4
HSC
Yes you can.

First thing i'd do if I were you, is to get some notes of the boredofstudies website (the main site) on physics. At least gotta know the basics.

Second, get a past paper book, that successone is pretty good for improving your mark.

Lastly, just keep reading the textbook you have to get more and more information into your brain so you can talk about it in your exam.

good luck

Dash

ReSpEcTeD
HSC
~Especially~ the ones on the very right hand column...

They are also pretty important

~[TaLeC]~

Knowing ALL your syllubus information garuntees you at least 80-85% ....and that's a nice pass...if you want as high as you can possibly go, you have to be able to apply everything...so knowing how your formulas actually work is a plus...

Some questions can be weird, and may relate materials you've never put together before...so you gotta go over and relate your material as well....they're usually the big 7-8 mark questions..

^___^
HSC
lets put it this way...

if u can't understand any of the concepts...
revise to syllabus and cram it in...

then, get past papers from every trials HSC u can find...do the papers and get ur teacher mark it for u...then u'll know the structure of the exam and hence an "advantage" over others since u know literally wat they ask and ur prepared for the answers

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
one thing i always do is learn from many people (teachers/tutor/ friends) and many sources (textbooks, notes)

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
would it be worth dropping? im in a pretty similar situation but have 12 units. i feel that to get my physics into a fairly good mark ive got to put in alot of time, which could be spent on other subjeects.

+:: $i[Q]u3 ::+

Jaded Member
HSC
cheer up...
my friends said the trials are actually harder than the real hsc, and we've still got a couple of months to cram it in =P
grab those surfing books if u don't understand; they're a real concise set of notes, and explain things not too wordily.
i'm not sure about those 'revise... in a month' things tho.. :)??)

Starlette

HSC
I was thinking of dropping it too because I have 13 units and physics is real hard.
Thanx for the tip guys but in order to do all I need the motivation and that trial paper was shocking we even had options included cos we finished the course.

maybe the fact that we raced through it contributed to me not knowing a single thing.

Rahul

Dead Member
Originally posted by -=MLhtʻ=-
summarise every syllabus point
cant stress that enough!

it will take ages, 5-6 hrs even, to make notes on each module....trust me u will get it with enough work

good luck! :)

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC

usually takes me a week to make notes on dot points for an entire topic, but then they arent exactly summaries... gotta stop going off tangents :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)