Delian League (1 Viewer)

guyzbabigal

HSC
Hey guys, could someone PLEASE help me...:worried: I know I should have my notes and all, and I do, i just have one query..
you know.. does the Delian league, well does it begin under Kimon??
If there's a question.. abt the delian league under kimon, do we talk abt the development, organisation and the various other activities like capturing byzantium, scyrus and eion.. and the battle of Eurymedon??
When does Pericles step in??
I m confused!!

Any help would be appreciated alot!!

Sareuhh

HSC
oh god now you have me scared, i should know all about this too and i dont, its creeping up so fast already as well!
I think i need to studyyy!

obimoshman1234

the one and only
HSC
delian league begins in 479 at end of persian wars under leadership of Aristides but was then later under control of Kimon. Pericles came in after Kimons ostracism in 461 and he made anti spartan/ pro athenian empire changes

Smithyo

Unleash Hell =)
HSC
obimoshman1234 said:
delian league begins in 479 at end of persian wars under leadership of Aristides but was then later under control of Kimon. Pericles came in after Kimons ostracism in 461 and he made anti spartan/ pro athenian empire changes
Correct :)

Rhanoct

zzzzz
HSC
o0o_chris_o0o said:
i dont even know what that last place is... and i got like 89/100 in ancient!
lol wtf...

i haven't looked over that topic for a while (last assessment was a few months back), but you definitely need to talk about the appropriate conquests under kimon as they were methods to establish the DL as the Athenian Empire.

pericles... no idea- i don't even think he comes up in the syllabus regarding the DL?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)