Degree Decision (1 Viewer)

futuremidwife

HSC
Uni Grad
I was offered two degrees at UOW:
B/Politics/Philosophy/Economics - Deans Scholar (MAJOR IN POLITICS)
B/Psychology

And I am in LOVE with both of them, and would do both if I could. What is the pros and cons of both? That way, I can at least make my decision more easily.

Thanks x

laura-jayne14

HSC
Uni Grad
IMO, I'd say do B politics, philosophy and economics as it is quite broad. It's also new which is interesting.
Everyone does Psych so you'd have to specialize.

futuremidwife

HSC
Uni Grad
Just do an arts/science degree and you can pick both as majors
As part of UOW early entry, I was offered only these two :( I had no idea you could do an arts/sci degree thats pretty cool!

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
As part of UOW early entry, I was offered only these two :( I had no idea you could do an arts/sci degree thats pretty cool!
Put it in your UAC preferences for other unis, unless, you are going straight for the early entry?

futuremidwife

HSC
Uni Grad
Put it in your UAC preferences for other unis, unless, you are going straight for the early entry?
Straight for early entry :/ I heard you can accept the early entry offer, and still receive offers in the other rounds provided I change my first UAC preference. Is that true?

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Straight for early entry :/ I heard you can accept the early entry offer, and still receive offers in the other rounds provided I change my first UAC preference. Is that true?
I think you can. Just email UAC, they will respond.

AnastasiaH1991

HSC
Uni Grad
UOW are very well regarded for their psychology courses! I've studies BPsych at Usyd and absolutely loved it. It is really is a very interesting course. I guess it depends what field you'd like to work in in the future. A psychology degree can take you into many different fields, from health sciences to marketing and advertising to HR and organisational psychology.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)