Cumberland (1 Viewer)

bEAbEA

HSC
Hi, I'm thinking of doing diagnostic radiography at uni next year, but the annoying thing is that i don't live in sydney so I'll have to saty on campus for a while. I looked at the residential colleges at usyd on the open day, but they are so far away from the cumberland campus.
I know that there is one res college at cumberland, does anyone live there and think its good? Otherwise, does anyone travel from usyd to cumberland everyday?

Skeeta

HSC
i go to cumbo but i live nearby anyway.

i know a few girls who live at colleges at main campus and they dont have too much trouble travelling
i know another few who live on campus at cumbo (yannadah). Its tops for travel haha but the community there isnt as big as maincampus

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
i dont know any resident people but if you stay at yannadah as skeeta said you could really go to class in ur pjs cos ur so close to everything

nik_noodle

HSC
I go to Cumbo too. HEaps of ppl turn up in their PJ's who live at Yunnadah...spech to da early morn lectures which we had last sem.

salsydney

HSC
one of my friends lived in Yannadah last year, and didn't complain.... it's good for first year, helps you make friends who you can live with the following year... they seemed to have a lot of fun, and its handy that its so close... having been in the place, it really is somewhere where you could only really live for a year though...

Life Starts Now

stressful?...NEVER!
HSC
I was just wondering if anyone does rehabilitation counselling? What's it like? Is it a good course? What do you learn?... Sorry about the amount of questions =P

Thanks!

dora_18

HSC
hmm..just sharing my opinions lol....

if i lived at the cumberland campus i would DIE of boredom...in the city you have EVERYTHING...sure its travel to cumberland but god its not that far people!!! the train from central or redfern takes 20-25mins! a bit longer if you live at college there becuase you have to walk from college to the train...so lets say an hour of travel one way...

anyway it is so much better, you're close to transport to go anywhere, you have the CBD at your feet, awesome shops and places to go out with friends...one train ride to town hall where there are clubs and awesome restaurants...

i mean..it depends what you're into i guess...but trust me you do not want to be stuck at lidcombe with a shuttle bus that runs once an hour to the station..and if you wanted to go out weekends or go shopping you have to travel in the city again anyway..the only thing you can do is look at the cemetary accross the street.....lidcombe is a hole, its as if theres no life in the entire suburb( i guess that could be becuase the cemetry occupies like 5km but anyway..)..im sorry!..no offence to people that live there...lol..but it is..

youd get used to it i guess...but still....*shudder*

and just a reminder this is all of course just my opinion..like i said..everyone likes something different...

i guess salsydney is right in saying that you would make friends becuase is a tight community...but so are colleges in the city...everyone is one big happy family:D...well not really..but you make close friends easily...as well as arch enemies:p

Last edited:

salsydney

HSC
i agree with what dora has said... lidcombe is a hole... its bad enough travelling there for uni, but living there would SUCK.

dora_18

HSC
i would be really scared...the more i think about it the scarier the notion becomes...but im glad someone agrees after 3 weeks:p
i shudder at the thought of going back to uni...*sigh* at the 6am wake up for an 8am lecture...but hey only 3 more months of uni in which theres 2x1week holidays( well stuvacs....hehe...) and then 4 months of freedom....god we're really not at uni for that long are we....

nik_noodle

HSC
Haha you think you've got it bad...

Takes me 2.5 hrs to get to uni...

Try a 4.30am wakeup to get to an 8am lecture...

No wonder I stopped going, 'ay :p

dora_18

HSC
yeah...thats just crazy...wow 2.5hrs...id drop out:p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)