• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Creative writing tips Dialogue or no Dialogue? (1 Viewer)

QZP

HSC
I've always had the impression that a nameless protagonist is a good idea. It allows you to focus on setting/events and also centers the story around a single character for deeper personal connection and what not rather than your attention all over the place. (I've read creatives where there were so many names introduced it made me confused).

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
I've always had the impression that a nameless protagonist is a good idea. It allows you to focus on setting/events and also centers the story around a single character for deeper personal connection and what not rather than your attention all over the place. (I've read creatives where there were so many names introduced it made me confused).
That's not really an issue of having a nameless protagonist though. That's more about limiting the number of characters you have. Which I agree with.

QZP

HSC
That's not really an issue of having a nameless protagonist though. That's more about limiting the number of characters you have. Which I agree with.
Ah, true. Are there any issues that come with a nameless protagonist? I can't think of any on the top of my head.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Ah, true. Are there any issues that come with a nameless protagonist? I can't think of any on the top of my head.
Not really. Western's have done exactly it for years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)