Creating Supportive environments (1 Viewer)

rolz

Hi all, i think that our teacher may have given us the wrong impression when telling us about creating supportive environments. I was wondering if somebody could explain it to me so that i could see what eveybody else has been told.
Ta :)

blah says she

blah. blah. blah.
HSC
Creating Supportive Environments - focuses on places ppl live, work & play & on increasing ppl's ability within these 2 make health-promoting choices. Workplaces, schools, support groups etc can all help 2 provide supportive environments. Egs of measures that support healthy environment incl. public non-smoking areas, smoke-free workplace, networks such as Alcoholic's Anonymous, eating disorder groups.
hth :)

Littlelease

Creating a supportive environment refers to the act of creating an environment whereby it will promote positive behaviour.

Don't get this mixed up with reorientating health services which is more concerned with the prevention of possibly bad behaviour.

So creating supportive environments would involve
- groups and networks, councellors etc to deal with mental/social/emotional health
- Soap and handtowels to encourage good clean health
and non- smoking areas etc

Whereas reorientating health services may involve :
- Doctors warning persons about obesity and implenting a possible healthy diet
- Health promotions such as providing sun screen in primary schools

rolz

Thanks
My teacher is a fuk wit. He told us that creating supportive environments was just about eg making a depressed person feel that they are loved and that people care about them but didnt tell us that it was that plus the actual environment like planting trees and stuff, am i now on the right track or not?
Far out i hate his guts!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)