Could I get into Law (1 Viewer)

Dev0802

HSC
Could I get into Law?
Hi,
I'm interested in doing law at uni, but the atar is pretty high so I'm in year 11 now, I have pretty low scalling subjects coz seniors told me pick easy so u get good atar as i heard people who done general maths r doing stuff like commerce at unsw and here are my subjects:
-Legal Studies coming 1st/40
-Business Studies coming 4th/68
-Maths coming 90/130
-Physics 22/64 I'm gonna drop coz I hate it
-Standard 14/180
-Business Services Vet only picked coz it's easy and coming 1st
I'm considering dropping down to general maths coz I'm not doing well in 2u only getting like 55% when I think I can get above 90 in general from lookING at HSC papers+ I go tutoring and I don't wanna waste my parents money and i was wondering is it possible to get 95 or 97 atar so I could get into law at uws or uts or maquarie, ive also tried atar calculators and it says its possible but idk if should trust it and if so what should I be aiming for in each subject and if not possible plz let me know. Don't be harsh.

ThanKS in advance

Elixir

HSC
Even if you don't get the (crazy) ATAR needed you can always transfer :)

danpowell

HSC
Put your name down for GLEP at Macquarie uni and try to get into law at MQ before your atar even comes out.. Then after 1 year you can transfer to usyd or unsw if you wish although its pretty much the same as the units are the same.. Its just the prestige factor..

clementinez

HSC
N/A
Drop down to general if you're doing poorly in 2u. It's definitely possible to get that ATAR.
My subjects (ones used for ATAR calculation) were English (Adv), Legal Studies, Geography, Ancient History, and PD/H/PE and I received an ATAR above 98 and my school was not ranked really high. It's a matter of how well you do in the subjects.

si2136

HSC
N/A
Well depends on the Uni, possibly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)