cont.. (1 Viewer)

Latin_Xtc

try to learn some quotes by both primary nd secondary sources. use them to back up what ur saying in essays, assessments etc.

PSsylockE

anywayz

hmmm primary sources is ok

but with secondary sources, is that kinda like the textbooks that u use in school?

Latin_Xtc

k i got the hang of it now.... :D

yeh i am actually.... howd u guess? lol :D
umm wit secondary source DONT use the textbooks. use quotes by recognised authors like bury & meiggs, ehrenberg and hammond

PSsylockE

i havent heard of those authors b4 :(

:mad: dam teacher is soo shit, i just wanna ...

Could u plz tell me the name of these books, so i can find em

Latin_Xtc

sure thing sweety but it'll cost ya ur numba.... ;)

lol:D just kidding

ehrenberg - from solon to socrates
bury & meiggs - a history of greece
hammond - history of greece (not 2 much on sparta here)

sif not 99

latin
using textbooks to quote sources isn't the best thing to do, but really there isn't anything drastically wrong with it. When it comes to marking the HSC is the marker going to know exactly what text you used in class? The answer is No, for all they know you could have picked it up in your own time, for your own extra reading. Using some more "obscure" sources to supplement the bury and meiggs, hammond, kagan etc. would certainly add to your essay.

As to the quotes, surely remembering all your quotes wholesale is very impressive yet in recent times there has been a shift away from this. Paraphrasing may be slightly less brilliant yet if you can show a wide breadth of knowledge of both primary and secondary sources I am very confident that you will be fullfilling band 6 whether or not you quote directly or not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)