Conflict in Indochina Historiography (1 Viewer)

Q2C-ME

2SUS
HSC
My assessment task asks for an oral presentation on vietnam war historiography. i was wondering if anybody had any suggesstions for structure e.g. causes, impact/reslut.

Furthermore it is essential we provide point of view for both sides e.g. American suppourt, i was wondering if anybody knows of historigoraphy which isnt your general criticusm of american policy being ineffective and lack of understanding e.t.c. Yet moreso suppourts America and defends its cause, im assuming anything that is criticisum of Nth vietnamese nd VC would also be suppourtive for US.

NEED HELP!! on both aspects, yet more so the secound!!!

memaa

It's unpossible!
HSC
umnn okay well you'll probably have to look at what is called the quagmire camp of historians, and thats historians such as Arthur Schlesinger Jnr and he defends america leadership and involvment by looking at how they delve deeper and deeper into the war. there's a quote bout it....
the other camp is the stalemate camp and they say american leadership had no clear incentives in the war and got themselves into trouble bcoz of it.

i can email you some stuff on the historians, otherwise if your looking at the VC argument, maybe read something Noam Chomsky's written about it bcoz hez particuarly leftist...

anyway i hope that helped.. goodluck

Q2C-ME

2SUS
HSC
thank-you so much.
yes if you could email me it please...that would be very appreciated ...i pm you my email

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)