conditional entry (1 Viewer)

fridgmagnet

HSC
So I got an offer to Macquarie for the early entry "leaders and achievers" scheme. just wondering if anyone knows whether the offer is conditional or not, cause I know that other Unis only offer conditional (meaning you still have to get a certain atar). can someone clear this up for me?

DheerChoudhury

HSC
So I got an offer to Macquarie for the early entry "leaders and achievers" scheme. just wondering if anyone knows whether the offer is conditional or not, cause I know that other Unis only offer conditional (meaning you still have to get a certain atar). can someone clear this up for me?
I quote from the email: "It is a requirement that you are awarded the NSW Higher School Certificate, ACT Senior Secondary Certificate or International Baccalaureate Diploma in Australia in 2021 and complete your Year 12 schooling successfully, including Year 12 examinations (or assessments as determined by NESA for 2021)"

From my understanding, I guess the only requirement is getting the HSC (ig with any ATAR?)

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Regarding MQ's Leaders and Achievers Early Entry Scheme, UAC states that if a student's application is successful, then the student will receive an offer to study at MQ in 2022 before they complete their HSC exams. A similar statement to the one that DheerChoudhury quoted above also included on the scheme's page on MQ's website:

Students must receive the New South Wales Higher School Certificate, ACT Senior Secondary Certificate or International Baccalaureate Diploma in Australia to enrol into their offered course.

The requirement to obtain your HSC (which can only be done when you complete all assessment tasks and exams, including HSC exams) is therefore set so that you are eligible to enrol into your desired course. This technically makes the offer conditional, because it depends on completing the HSC. However, it can be safely said that receiving an offer means that you will indeed enrol in the respective degree, because it is assumed that you will complete your HSC anyway.

I hope this helps! 😄

fridgmagnet

HSC
Regarding MQ's Leaders and Achievers Early Entry Scheme, UAC states that if a student's application is successful, then the student will receive an offer to study at MQ in 2022 before they complete their HSC exams. A similar statement to the one that DheerChoudhury quoted above also included on the scheme's page on MQ's website:

Students must receive the New South Wales Higher School Certificate, ACT Senior Secondary Certificate or International Baccalaureate Diploma in Australia to enrol into their offered course.

The requirement to obtain your HSC (which can only be done when you complete all assessment tasks and exams, including HSC exams) is therefore set so that you are eligible to enrol into your desired course. This technically makes the offer conditional, because it depends on completing the HSC. However, it can be safely said that receiving an offer means that you will indeed enrol in the respective degree, because it is assumed that you will complete your HSC anyway.

I hope this helps! 😄
Ohh I see I see. So basically as long as I sit the actual exams and eventually enrol I am in?

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Ohh I see I see. So basically as long as I sit the actual exams and eventually enrol I am in?
Yep, successfully completing your HSC exams is indeed the last step required. You will subsequently be able to enrol in your chosen course.

TheVuk

HSC
do you happen to attend an all girls high school

HSC
As soon as I read the word 'Macquarie, I nearly vomited. Please consider what I just said in your decision.

gteexperts

HSC
It is always written on the letter of offer if it is conditional or not. If you supplied needed information like passport, IELTS, education transcript and etc. it is always will be full letter of offer.

All universities are great if you know how to use information :)

icycledough

HSC
Is macquarie the best uni for psychology?
It's quite a subjective question, almost like asking which selective high school is the best out of the top 5, for example. There's a lot of external factors like teaching quality, quality of resources used in teaching, etc. Saying that though, I did come across an article which ranks the universities in Australia which offer psychology. Typically, the Go8 universities (UNSW, USYD, Melbourne, etc) rank pretty highly for psychology. But saying that, I don't have any doubts that MQ will be a great university for pursuing psychology.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)