Complete Summary? - Japanese Begginers (1 Viewer)

shrezta07

HSC
Does anyone know where I can find a complete summary of everything that is required in the Japanese Beginner's Course like the vocabulary, grammar summary, etc

HSC
Uni Grad
Assuming it's like Continuers, haven't the teachers given you a vocabulary booklet of all the words that you suppose to know before the HSC (including kanji)?
If not, ask your teacher.

rainydays

HSC
If you go to http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/syllabus_hsc/japanese-beginners.html and click on "syllabus" it contains a summary of all the grammer you need to know as well as text types etc. According to the syllabus there is no prescribed vocab list for beginners but on that same page I've linked you if you go right to the bottom and click on "prescribed character list" it shows all the kanji you need to know.

shrezta07

HSC
cool thanks, do you reckon if someone can remember everything mentioned in the syllabus they can ace the Jap exam?

rainydays

HSC
Well if you know all the grammar structures and kanji as well as having a wide vocabulary you won't have any trouble with the reading and listening sections which is important. So memorising them is helpful but with languages you will also need to practise listening to and reading passages so you can recognise this grammar in a wide range of situations, not just isolated examples. Also don't forget that the Japanese exam tests speaking and writing as well and for that you need to actively practise using these structures so that you can easily use them at will.

So to answer your question, if you memorise everything in the syllabus combined with lots of practice I do believe you can ace the exam.

HSC
Uni Grad
Well if you know all the grammar structures and kanji as well as having a wide vocabulary you won't have any trouble with the reading and listening sections which is important. So memorising them is helpful but with languages you will also need to practise listening to and reading passages so you can recognise this grammar in a wide range of situations, not just isolated examples. Also don't forget that the Japanese exam tests speaking and writing as well and for that you need to actively practise using these structures so that you can easily use them at will.

So to answer your question, if you memorise everything in the syllabus combined with lots of practice I do believe you can ace the exam.
+1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)