Com/Arts Vs Com(Lib) (1 Viewer)

Abe

Hey guys, I need to choose between com/arts and com/lib at usyd. Im defintely more of a humanities person but i wanna get rich or die trying :D so i thought combining an arts course with com would be good.

So i was wondering what the pros and cons are between the two, how much they differ, employers attitudes to each course etc.

Are the same subjects avaiable in lib as arts? I understand you must choose equal units of arts and science in lib studies. Also, it seems to me that an extra yr can gain you a whole other degree in com/arts as opposed to com(lib), how much more attractive does this make you to an employer? Ive heard that though lib is a less taxing degree, it is considered more prestigoous in the eyes of employers.

Anyhow, thanks for your help, its much appreciated. HOOK ME UP ALL YOU UNI PPL!!

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
what do you mean same subjects....? in comm(lib) you do 4 semester units of things from arts + government and 2 of science
so a difference would be you get the science and writing thingy in comm(lib)? also you'd get more arts units done in com/arts.

hmm and in comm(lib), some of the first year commerce subjects are optional rather than compulsory. i thiiiink they are accounting, economics and econometrics off the top of my head.

jpr333

HSC
Another question- If I were considering Commerce or Commerce (lib) as a first year subject but with the possibility of transferring into law/engineering etc. Is it better for me to do straight out commerce, cause a transfer doing comm lib will result in 'wasted' time in arts/science subjects 1st year, ie subjects that wouldnt count in a comm/law degree. :confused:

jpr333

HSC
Hmm anyone? Im starting to think Commerce (lib) aint such a popular course, even with the higher UAI

jpr333

HSC
Heh good call, all my friends from school are also doing it (even the dux) seems popular at least through my mates, but dont think there are many Syd guys here let alone com (lib) :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)