Cloudstreet (1 Viewer)

Wintermute

What the fuck kinda question was that?
Writing without structure is hard and general questions are also hard. This question really put me off. Anyone else?

Porphyria_J

Yeah the Cloudstreet question was reallllly general

I think i focused too much on the interpretations of it IE feminism , marxist and post colonial
and then i did a bit on religion and spirituality a bit on language, a bit on marrative stratetegy
and then said "BYE" to the conversation, with a bit of "oh yeah and that bit about the post colonial valuation of the novel, also is another theme and issue"

It was sooo broad you didnt know what was the correct way to write about it, and tehres only so much you can write for language and narrative strategy!

LoL "and not all of fish came back" - i swear if i hear that again!

del

HSC
N/A
hehe..... what about "The knife never lies"

I took the negative portrayal of Aus's post colonial identity as one...... just hope I backed it up enough

anyone else go with the negative kinda view?

Dan_the_man

that question was bad.... I think I fucked up bad :burn: didn't even mention 'not all of Fish came back' come to think of it I didn't use a single quote in the conversation.... bugger

Porphyria_J

well about the negative thing of AUstralia's post colonial history, my postccolonial argument was all from this academic essay i have, so it was all negative...i think theres a couple out there. I used the Fiona Morrisson one ...bloody magic realism

hahaha another OH SO HATED qoute, "i want the water"

yeah yeah yeah

del

HSC
N/A
yeah I used the Kathleen Mary Fallow one...... ALL THE BLACKS IN CLOUDSTREET ARE DEAD!!!

owie

that cloudstreet question was well shit! wasnt last years hsc on cloudstreet an argument...i dont know, something about 2 ppl argueing or somethin...BOS b original..i mean shit..

i wrote 8 pages of pure bs...contextual values and family values...
i have no idea..i didnt even read the damn book...structure of the book..wtf!

my ppl both agreed that cloudstreet was a brilliant piece. were they suppost to disagree...shit!:confused:

our teacher was sooooooo shit..we jus studyed the text and how tim winton is soooooo good..the teacher couldnt get enough of him...or the bloody book..... i thought the book was shit, as i said i didnt even read the bloody thing...but i did read the excel...faithful excel..wat would i do without u.....

quotes.....rrrrrr...yeh...no but i did use one..that aboriginal one about breakin a place..that was sweet...and wat was the deal with that black dude anywaz...it jus complecated more thing.
like when i found out that it was narrated by 'spiritual fish'...i spun out soooo hard when i heard that..

anywaz the question was shit..but not nearly as shit as the book..
sorry if i offended any1 who actualy liked the book...actually no im not...cloudsteet was shit.

i glad i never have to read that fucked up quote by fish...
being fish lamb..perfectly..always..everwhere..me..
yeh...that made a whole lot of sense.

cloudstreet :chainsaw: :chainsaw: :chainsaw:

:D :D :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)