Cloudstreet (1 Viewer)

sherryshoo

HSC
aah someone at the start of this thread said sumthing about all quick does is spend most of the novel out in whoop whoops loosing his dog and sleeping around...ahah its so funny cause its true, did you write that in your essay? should have

quite frankly the question was farked in the bum bum :bomb: so i prepared an essay on etxtual integrity causee every other fuking hsc year thats what or atleast the jist of what questions have been....wtf did they sit down n do eeny meenie miny mo on wat pathetic whingy half arsed character to somehow link to an understanding of the novel?
thank god we do advanced english and can bull shit our way out of everything....yerh in my point of view textual integrity has to do with quick!

why couldnt he go drown as well..atleast it would have been poignant rather then jst knocking his next door neighbour up pfft

ahah

cbadvanced

Air Wick
HSC
think about it this way...they MIGHT mark the CS questions easier?

and as posted in another thread already, my conclusion basically told the BOS they can suck my Quick
"we and other critics dont care about quick since we are more concerned with fish and the author, your question is absurd and i dont agree"

if i get past 13/20 its a miracle since i mentioned quick like errrr 2 times in the entire thing

Last edited:

Thomd4

HSC
Everyone here seems to be saying they went against the question, did anyone actually agree with it and talk about Quick being important? I didn't think the question was impossible once I thought about it, but I agree it's not fair to compare Quick to King Lear.

I talked about Quick going to the country before being brought back by the black fella glowing for the first episode, and then the final scene when Quick lets Fish go to the rivier as the second. This meant I could talk about Quick and the land and how Winton values the land and working class values and then how Quick is glowing and Winton is asking us to just accept the unexplainable, before he is finally borught home to Cloudstreet, showing how Winton values family blah blah Also, the end where he lets Fish go shows a spiritual reconciliation or some crap as he comes to terms with his guilt and this reconciliation with both his family, place (coming back to the house) and spirit is symbolised when he and Rose marry and Wax Harry is born, uniting the two families.

The only problem was all the quotes I had learnt didn't apply to Quick, so in my "detailed" analysis of two scenes i basically could only retell them :( Did anyone else have this problem? I'm hoping a whole bunch of people just said Quick isn't improtant, this is important... and rewrote their preprepared essays, and those of us who at least tried (albeit somewhat pathetically) will score bonus marks for that! lol our school tried to get us to stand out by doing the crap text noone does and now it really came to bite us in the ass :rofl:

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Thomd4 said:
Everyone here seems to be saying they went against the question, did anyone actually agree with it and talk about Quick being important? I didn't think the question was impossible once I thought about it, but I agree it's not fair to compare Quick to King Lear.

I talked about Quick going to the country before being brought back by the black fella glowing for the first episode, and then the final scene when Quick lets Fish go to the rivier as the second. This meant I could talk about Quick and the land and how Winton values the land and working class values and then how Quick is glowing and Winton is asking us to just accept the unexplainable, before he is finally borught home to Cloudstreet, showing how Winton values family blah blah Also, the end where he lets Fish go shows a spiritual reconciliation or some crap as he comes to terms with his guilt and this reconciliation with both his family, place (coming back to the house) and spirit is symbolised when he and Rose marry and Wax Harry is born, uniting the two families.

The only problem was all the quotes I had learnt didn't apply to Quick, so in my "detailed" analysis of two scenes i basically could only retell them :( Did anyone else have this problem? I'm hoping a whole bunch of people just said Quick isn't improtant, this is important... and rewrote their preprepared essays, and those of us who at least tried (albeit somewhat pathetically) will score bonus marks for that! lol our school tried to get us to stand out by doing the crap text noone does and now it really came to bite us in the ass :rofl:
lol yeah i tried to agree with the statement coz it seemed like they wanted us to. but it was quite a pathetic attempt, i would have been better off refuting it. i chose the scene where he and rose get it on in the library (not in those words lol) and yeah that ending scene, coz those were the only 2 scenes i could remember quotes from that had quick in them. but the "detailed analysis" was not very detailed, more like scattered references here and there, trying to cover the fact i had no idea what i was on about.
so yeah im screwed. but oh well.

Pennno-72

HSC
i didnt read the book, and i knew nothing about everything...so i was extremely happy with the question....i wrote about how quick's love for human life added to the tone of the novel, and the scene in the boat, about how quick's love for fish adds to the novel.......but hey if u's all fuked up to then im happy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)