Class is behind on Scope and Sequence and want to catch up and get ahead (1 Viewer)

Chiprr

HSC
According to my teacher's scope and sequence for year 11, we were supposed to be most of the way through topic 3: Markets by the end of term 1. We spent a lot of time working on our assessment in class and I'm feeling really behind. Comparing my notes to the syllabus, we haven't even covered The role of businesses in the economy (the last subtopic of topic 2: Consumers and Businesses). We weren't given a textbook, but I'm highly considering buying one so that I can ensure I understand the content and can be ahead of where we need to be and catch up. It'll take a lot of effort to get back on track but I think it's important that I cover all the content in the year while the class may not get to.

Any recommendations for textbooks and how to study from them to get back on track? From that point of getting back on track, how should I approach getting ahead of the class and on top of work?

Attachments

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
As far as I am aware, both the Riley textbook and the Dixon textbook are considered good. With that being said, I did not take Economics, so I would not know whether one of them is better than the other or whether the difference is negligible. Hopefully current and past Economics students would be able to provide some insight in this regard.

Once you have a textbook, you can pick up from where your class left off and use it to attain the level of progress that should have been achieved according to the expectations outlined in the attachment that you included. In doing so, you will be able to make relevant notes and highlight any concepts that you may not fully understand, which you subsequently seek clarification/assistance with.

If you wish to study ahead of your class, you should ensure that you do so according to a detailed plan. This plan would include information such as particular progress milestones, the time period that would be required to achieve that progress as well as considering challenges that might arise due to unexpected occurrences and/or the assessment tasks/exams of your other subjects and ways in which you may be able to address them. It is important not to study content ahead too fast because while your goal is to be ahead of your class, learning is a process that takes time. The good thing is that you are in year 11, which gives you additional flexibility in terms of your study priorities since none of your results this year will count towards your HSC results or ATAR.

I hope this helps! :D

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

HSC
do u think i should buy the dixon one or Tim Riley? Some ppl say to buy riley instead
I would say Dixon but I have never used the other textbook, so I don't know. You would probably be fine with either.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)