• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

circle geo question (1 Viewer)

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
i was looking through a circle geometry sheet i had and it had a couple of points/results.

- if a family of parallel lines cuts equal intercepts on one transversal it does so on all transversals.
- parallel lines preserve ratios of intercepts on transversals.

there are no accompanying diagrams, anyone care to explain them? :)
i want to go through this with the student i tutor before her trials. i am not clear in what those points are trying to say...

also, i never did any 2u papers during my hsc, what are some "tips" you'd like to share....ie things like what kind of topics are generally q10 and the likes...anything will be good.

cheers.

Li0n

spiKu
HSC
Had you read his post you would have realised hes doing this for his student as he is a tutor.

I have no idea what a transversal is, but i've heard of those proofs before. But circle geo is 3u anyway.

q10 for 2u - Maximisation questions
- in the max type questions you can get heaps of topics embedded in it like applications of series, your typical max questions, questions involving scenarios with a guy walking to some girl across some river.
Have a look at trials/past hsc questions to see how they are exactly i cbf going on further.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
A transversal is a line that cuts parallel lines.

The first one is really just a specific example of a second.

Notice attached diagram:

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
thanks for the replies guys.

circle geo is 3u only? i had no clue :eek:

i think i'll look through the syllabus for 2u. i've never had a look at a maths syllabus! :p

btw, yes zarathrusta, i am/was rahul

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)