Chocolates or gift cards (1 Viewer)

BOSBOY

HSC
N/A
Def. chocolates. A gift card says "I couldn't be bothered spending the time choosing something appropriate for you."

SandyS1995

HSC
I'd go with giftcards but then its so obvious how much u spent. chocolates are overrated imo everyone gets teachers that

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
giftcards aren't at all personal and inappropriate to show exactly how much you spent on them.

For my favourite teachers, I went to a ceramic place and made a personalised mug for them and filled it with chocolates. Otherwise, chocolates are a standard, but appreciated and won't go to waste (which giftcards often do)

BOSBOY

HSC
N/A
Also think outside the square. Do they like a drink ---> bottle of wine or boutique beer pack. Or a fruit basket. An impressive gift pen. A tie (for a man, if he wears them). A scarf for a female.
Trust me, teachers will always be touched when a student takes the time to acknowledge their contribution.

iampeterr

King
HSC
Uni Grad
my chemistry teacher was really good, so the class ended up getting him 3 bottles of vodka :D

gayforniall

HSC
Uni Grad
We got our Chemistry teacher an engraved sterling silver bracelet and a box of chocolates.

We got our Biology teacher two framed photos of our class with quotes, etc. and a box of chocolates.

We got our Physics teacher a Newton's cradle, an engraved pen and a starting pistol.

skyscraper

Goin Up
HSC
For the teachers I'd give stuff to, I reckon a case of beer would be their ideal gift haha, except the school would rape me on sight for carrying that.

Rawf

HSC
I got all my teachers a box of chocolates. I wouldn't know what gift cards to get them... lol maybe a woolworths one <_< they're most likely to shop there.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm reckoning a nice thank you card for all my teachers, probs the stock chocolates for the ones I don't know that well and something more thoughtful for the ones I know a lot better. Like something quirky to their sub area, if you know they like a drink,, some wine or champagne or if you know anything else they like, something to do with that. One of my teachers is absolutely obsessed with penguins, so I'd probs get something to do with that.

When were you guys planning to give gifts? I was going in the last day of school when I get my results to thank them all (but one of my fav teachers is overseas then so I might go visit her after the Dec assembly I probs have to go to and give hers then). But then after sitting the HSC worried it may be hard to go in and thank if my results are bad :p But surely it'll be balanced out by a subject I'm happy with to make it worth it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)