Cheap Flights (1 Viewer)

pAuLthaPlUmBeR

HSC
N/A
Is it true that you can get flights, as a courier (yea i've been watching Eurotrip) and you get to fly heaps cheaply?

Also, is it true that in Europe you can fly from location to location for like $5, that's what I heard, it seems pretty crazy

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
pAuLthaPlUmBeR said:
Is it true that you can get flights, as a courier (yea i've been watching Eurotrip) and you get to fly heaps cheaply?

Also, is it true that in Europe you can fly from location to location for like $5, that's what I heard, it seems pretty crazy
umm don't know about your first question, but your second question, it's half true half not. it's like in Australia, they offer a 5 bucks ticket, only to add it all back with taxes and fuel surcharges

RB ~ CTC

Marvellous
HSC
N/A
oh, damn. thanks for the info, marvellous effort that. i'll just get channel 9 or channel 5 in the uk to foot the bill.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
You used to be able to get cheap flights as a courier, but I don't think you can anymore.

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
It's true, found flights pretty close - like London Gatwick to Belfast International will cost you $15 - $20 including taxes. Pretty good, imo. They're like the really cheap buget flights in Australia, except the concept actually works in Europe.

dave_119

Banned
HSC
thats 15-20 pounds which is still 60 bucks australian, i tried it when i was in london....

LeftrightOut

Needs more cowbell
HSC
N/A
Airfares are cheap in europe to go between cities because there are a heap of people actually travelling whereas here you get mostly business people. Plus cities are not that far apart over there.

Going as a courier was considered good a few years back but the secret got out and now people are lining up and the courier companies are no longer desperate enough to give you a flight for really cheap. Major drawbacks with courier flights is you travel at short notice, you often travel alone, you don't get to take as much luggage and you fill out forms at the other end. The flights get cheaper the closer to the deadline to delivery, the shorter the notice and the more undesireable the destination.

If you want to travel then you can usually fly around the world cheaper than buying a return ticket to Europe most of the time :)

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
There're other ways of getting cheap flights, like starting a freight forwarding company or something... it gets you in with an air transportation & travel agent club or union or something and so you're in the club, so to speak, and get cheap airfares.

At least, that's the theory my dad found out about once upon a time. Very vague, I know, but it might point you in the right direction. Definetly to do with freight forwarding.

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
No, they're no, 9.50 Pounds including taxes (airfare Gatwick - Belfast = 4.50 + 5 pounds taxes) which comes to a grand total of $AUS 23.15. I'm not completley stupid as to mix up pounds with australian dollars.

Soma

Toney Starks Fanboy
HSC
There's some site which lets you buy cancellations really cheap I think you can get most places in Europe for under $20. You can't really choose where you want to go tho, my friend who was over on gap would just log on on a friday and pick somewhere to go for the weekend.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)