Changing from Advanced to ESL? (1 Viewer)

muzeikchun852

HSC
i have been here in australia for 5 years from the start of prelim, so im eligible for ESL. however, as u can see in my sign, that im doing advanced for now. should i be changing to ESL? because a couple of my friend is doing ESL and they said ESL is very very easy but quite a bludge lesson. however, i dont have a problem or difficulty with advanced, but i just cant get the mark that im hoping for.

so, should i be changing to ESL? are there any consequences for changing to ESL?

thx in advanced.

carino e lumino

HSC
i have been here in australia for 5 years from the start of prelim, so im eligible for ESL. however, as u can see in my sign, that im doing advanced for now. should i be changing to ESL? because a couple of my friend is doing ESL and they said ESL is very very easy but quite a bludge lesson. however, i dont have a problem or difficulty with advanced, but i just cant get the mark that im hoping for.

so, should i be changing to ESL? are there any consequences for changing to ESL?

thx in advanced.
don't change to ESL if you want to get to uni , firstly ESL scares very low secondly if you change to ESL it would be extemly diffcult to go to a good uni as uni really consider this when there trying to deside where to accpted you

twistedrebel

HSC
don't change to ESL if you want to get to uni , firstly ESL scares very low secondly if you change to ESL it would be extemly diffcult to go to a good uni as uni really consider this when there trying to deside where to accpted you
lolololololololololol

Stop spewing your shit, Mr year 10. Uni's only care about ATAR, and UMAT/STAT for some courses (mainly health sector). Someone on this forum done ESL, and got 99.95 last year.

OP: If you are struggling with Adv, then change to ESL

muzeikchun852

HSC
OP: If you are struggling with Adv, then change to ESL
im not exactly struggling with advanced, but the task and assessment task are quite difficult compare to the rest of my subject. even if i worked hard for those task, the marks only end up with ~80%. :evilfire::evilfire:

Feeling Wind

HSC
im not exactly struggling with advanced, but the task and assessment task are quite difficult compare to the rest of my subject. even if i worked hard for those task, the marks only end up with ~80%. :evilfire::evilfire:
wow~~ i can see u r very skilled at eng, but u r only at yr 11.. when it comes in yr12, ur mark will probably drop a bit more b/c of all the stresses from other subjects... heaps of local students in my h.s. started with advanced in year11, but only several kept it for yr12, they just said too much work..

For HSC, a band 6 in ESL is equivalent to any band 6 in other levels of eng, and ATAR only cares abt ur bands, not ur subjects.... i suggest u change to ESL if u r elgible and remember to sharpen up ur eng skill as much as possible in order to cope with uni!

darkcounty

thas unaustralian... hic
HSC
I thought advanced scales better because there's at least some sort of standard within the cohort.

big crocodile

HSC
I dont mean anything but this is totally untrue.

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
Even though you might be eligible for ESL, go with the one you think you can cope with best and the one you think will most likely help you get into uni. If you don't need advanced for your uni course, sure, down drop but if your going fine in advanced, which it sounds like you are, and having a higher level english might be better for your uni course, stick with advanced. maybe if you dont think your going well enough in advanced you could consider standard english but my thought is stick with advanced.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)