Catholic trail? (1 Viewer)

K8Y

finally finished!!!!!!!!!!!

so what did ppl think of the catholic trail today?
:D

Chuck

schweeeeeeeet

cept question 1. c. was kind've... blah

besides that it was all good

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
art trial on friday... :(

does anyone know where/have any old trials, half yearlys or hsc's? i want to see if there's much consistency with the type of questions they ask in section 2, and if/how i can apply what i know to them.

roo

HSC
Originally posted by saladsugery
art trial on friday... :(

does anyone know where/have any old trials, half yearlys or hsc's? i want to see if there's much consistency with the type of questions they ask in section 2, and if/how i can apply what i know to them.
you can get the HSC stuff from the board of studies site, and the specimen papers here: http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/syllabus_hsc/index.html

i've noticed there is always a question on visual codes and symbols and just re-write my essays on that, easier than the other stuff.. :D

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
Originally posted by roo

you can get the HSC stuff from the board of studies site, and the specimen papers here: http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/syllabus_hsc/index.html

i've noticed there is always a question on visual codes and symbols and just re-write my essays on that, easier than the other stuff.. :D
thanx :)

most of my stuff is concerned with new british art:
damien hirst, marc quinn and so on. this seems to fit in with shocking audiences (coceptual framework), the postmodern frame, the structural frame (unconventional material use, etc, etc) challenging cultural traditions, so i think it will with something...

HSC
We did the catholic trial even though we are a normal public school. I think the art teachers couldn't be bothered making their own, so what they did was they pasted the school header on to the trial and claimed it as their own :) :p

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
same idea with us but we did the independant trial... i think... it had marc quinn, andy warhol, and gordon bennet (with others) in the first section???

how'd everyone go in art trials?

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
art trials was *urgh*. it was really hard i thought. we had to read sooo much stuff and write so much it was unbelievable.

i did okay though so im happy. considering i'd only done about 2 nights studying for art.

we had this british sub for art once, and he was telling us that how in britain, instead of having a major work, they have a prac exam. so like the kids have to paint or drawing something within a certain time limit, and stuff like that. that sounds kinda interesting. cos i got sooo incredibly sick of major work its not funny, i seriuosly wanted to break my boards in half and burn them...

actaully i still do. haha.

HSC
same idea with us but we did the independant trial... i think... it had marc quinn, andy warhol, and gordon bennet (with others) in the first section???

how'd everyone go in art trials?
I got 22/30, which I'm reasonably happy with, I came 4th. I'm normally pretty good with the theory.

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
22/30? that's an odd mark, aren't art exams usually /50?
i got 46/50, which is my bestest exam result yet... theory seems ok, and also some of the questions had artists i know + like in them.

1st in the class! cheerin' :)

HSC
i got 46/50, which is my bestest exam result yet... theory seems ok, and also some of the questions had artists i know + like in them.

I have no idea, but when I checked the teachers mark book thats what it said...

Maybe'll have to wait and get it back the actual test, to confirm.

roo

HSC
independent!! ah.. that was a nice exam! my art teacher apparently wrote bits of it but she goes and makes our school one hard as hell! well hmm not really, just section I was a cow for us.

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC

yeh, i got like 45.5 outta 50 too, so that's mad. i seriusly studied like 2 nights before, true i studied pretty much all night, but during the exam i was shitting myself cos i thought that i was bullshitting sooo much it wasn't funny. well, apparently my teacher didn't think it was *all* bullshit...

we had some gay question about performance artists, and the relationshiip between artist and artwork. that was real tough.

BoSLeY

ya I thought the catholic trial was relatively easy :)

except I screwd myself over on the eesay question where
I prepared heaps for Modernism... I turned over to the questions
and :eek: !! There was nothing on the stuff I rpepared for lol :p

AiMz

HSC
find it alright thought i was gonna fail but.....got 92% :D

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
looked @ CSSA trial in class today...

i rekon it's an absolute bitch compared to independant... section 1 anyway...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)