Can you relate? (1 Viewer)

BabySilver

HSC
YEah I guess I agree, Only scanned it. The fact that most of my friends were children of single parents, and my mum was a single mum most of my life, I don't see familes with 2 parents as noremal, Hell I wanna be a Mum that stays home with the kids all day and somehow fits in works around it too. but I can never picture a man on the scene. PLus i've already got one failed marriage under my belt, gonna be ages before I even consider a longterm relationshop again i guess.

pinkblinkbarbie

seduce me
HSC
"We're time-poor and busy trying to cram our jobs, home, friends, social lives."
i only agree with some of this article.....i mean we HAVE to be focused on our careers these days if we plan on living a decent life. most couples both have to work or there isnt enough money to pay for mortgages etc. but i think its those people who are 20-40 are those who are more focused on their careers. i know SO many people who want to get married and have kids. and our social lives involve our relationships. these days the social life we cram in involves our boyfriends/girlfriends and friends. but we do manage right? i think that the article is a bit biased...i mean so many people do want to get married but some are waiting a bit longer to have kids so that they can work and earn enough money to build a secure home to bring children up in. rather then back in our grandparents days the kids already ahd secure homes to live because their parents had inherited stuff off parents or been given homes etc. it was a much easier way of life. i think that if there is anything to blame for this problem its probbably the financial world

Tommy_Lamp

Coco
HSC
Its hard to say that i can relate to that article, as beaing European I have been brought up with the notion of getting married and having kids and not to late a stage. I personally believe that all marriages can be saved, bar extraordinary circumstances (cheating etc.), all it requires is communication. I know that sounds cheesy but all to many people, when faced with a conflict in a marriage, immediately reach for the divorce papers which consider to be stupid.
Theres not much difference in the escence of a relationship then it was 50yrs ago. Sure the culture has changed and the way we look at things, but the basic values of trust, love and respect are still prevalent today. My grandparents didnt stay together for 67 years just because they were madly in love with each other 24 hours a day 7 days a week, they did love each other but it was there ability to reason and resolve conflict that got them through that many years.
Thats obviously a factor in marriage, namely that it isnt going to be a fairytale, trips around the world with your prince (or princess) and before you know it your in a retirement home. Its going to be hard at some times, and i dont personally think that today's people have the willpower to stick through those hard time.

LoUiE SmOoiE

valentines day sux
HSC
i hav a feeling ill neva get married and if i do ill get divorced at some point in time...its just really hard these days...i wana hav kids aswell..the age im looking at to get married is mayb around 25 and kids 28 or 29 mayb

pinkblinkbarbie

seduce me
HSC
there is no point getting married if you know your gunna get divorced...geez what happened to "happily ever after" and dont you want the vows at your wedding to mean something?!

GemmaHavok

Suck my kiss
two floors down getting high in the backroom
HSC
I guess I don't really relate to it. I look forward to marriage, I want to be a mum like something out of a movie... working, happy marriage, and children who I drive to various sporting commitments. It may not happen but I'll try as hard as possible to get it.

cko

HSC
i guess i can relate. Cept for the marriage bit. I wanna get married and stayed married to that one person forever and ever... cept for the babies. PLEASE no babies. But yeah, coz it has been mo difficult and there's just so much mo options and freedom to do things, and so much mo difficulty and pressure to make urself in the world. I can relate to the article in some, but i don't think i would with most of it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)