Can you lodge appeals against dodgy students? (1 Viewer)

Hermzie

rarrrrrrrrr
HSC
The title of the thread pretty much says it all. There are 9 students in my advanced English class and there's one student who is, for some unknown reason in our class when she was listed as a standard English student and to be frank, she's an idiot.

I know that as long as long as you top your class then you won't be affected by slower people 'dragging' your mark down but my class really wants to know if there is any way we can lodge an appeal against her or something because some of them feel that she might actually drag their marks down because she's been doing so poorly.

Is there any civil way we can approach this?

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
So long as she doesn't do any worse (relatively) in the exam, you'll be fine.

And no, you can't lodge appeals against students.

Captain pi

HSC
If she actually does drag anyone's marks down, it is because she was better than you put.

If she is an outlier, she won't affect your marks (as Lazarus said).

malkin86

HSC
If she's disrupting your learning, then you can. If she's not, then you can't.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
As malkin86 said, if she's a distraction and/or a disruption then you have a right to speak to your year co-ordinator or your teacher. But if she's just not handling the work too well, then it's a bit unreasonable to boot her out - there have been many success stories in which students at the bottom of the cohort have "sprung to life" and made enormous achievements...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)