Can you help me on Ottawa Charter? (1 Viewer)

:insight

I suck to put it bluntly at ottawa charter questions. can somebody if they've got the time to devote to it - type up an answer for a question on the ottawa charter they have done? or even just make up an easy one and do it now?

i'd really appreciate it

xanadu2428

HSC
N/A
Dont worry there's still tonight to learn some, heres a couple of ideas

Discuss how the creation of supportive environments is used to mangae the health of Australians?

- socioecological approach- i.e the environment and reducing polution for asthma etc
- changing environmental lifestle patterns of work and leisure e.g promoting safe environments for work'
- greater resources for councilling in public hospitals is an example of a supportive environment.

Explain how applying the principals of the ottawa charter for health promotion can address diabetes as a health priority

- lifestlye factors
- empahsis on developing personal skills
- social factors
- treatment facilities

kegbeer

ayyyy lad
thought i might as well try and help ya out since all ur efforts at helpin others....real nice of ya
we had a q on it in our trial..think they'll ask something which is inter-related with the priority areas....and promotion. I did mine on CVD...i hate ottawa charter and jakarta too...worst bits...everything else is fine...redone the whole course in the last 4 days...know all the content just trying to memorise the syllabuses to know what to write and when..oh well here's a q hope it helps

q. reccomend an interacting strategy for applying action areas of the otawwa charter to reduce the harm caused by one of the 5 identified priority areas.

A. The priority area of cardiovascular disease in Australia is one that's harm can be reduced by applying areas of the ottawa charter. 1/3 of all australians will experience a form of cvd i ntheir lifetime. The main risk factors for developing a cvd smoking, physical inactivity and dietry habits. Those most at risk are smokers, people with a poor diet e.g high in cholesterol, the physically inactive and the socio-economically disadvantaged. ACTIVE AUSTRALIA is a interactive strategy deviced by the commonwealth department of health in 1998 to adress the risk factor of physical inactivity.It works on the principles of social justice through targeting access, equality, ethnicity, location and creating supportive environments. This is achieved by targeting areas of the ottawa charter ( 1986 WHO) in it's tactics. The action area of developing personal skills is targeted through the widespread use of education and information through pamphlets, advertising, videos, books etc nationwide and in doing so promoting acces to all and equality. The strategy promotes gym's in workplaces, information, posters etc in communities and workplaces as well as school based programs (walk-a-thon) to create supportive environments. With the use of additional funding and health centres, gyms and fitnes centres being promoted, reiorienting health services is also utilised. Finally through the use of community fun runs, exercise groups and classes, and community awareness meeting, active australia incorperates the areas of building healthy public policy and strengthening community action. Through the use of the ottawa charter, new public health approach, intersectorial collaboration and the principles of social justice, the interactive strateg yof active australia, is very effective in adressing the priority area of cvd, and has had a significant effect on getting australians active.

sorry not the best answer just the one i did for my trial under pressure. didn't have time to change it but i hope it helps u...looks like ur headin for a band 6 tommorow..hope the q are good would help pull some of my oither marks up that bit more.
good luck all
laterzzzzzzzzz

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)