Can you extend a first semester deferral to a gap year? (1 Viewer)

27GV

HSC
I deferred for the first semester this year to do some voluntary work, however the work that I have been offered stretches into September ie. into the second semester. As part of the deferral conditions they said I had to do at least half the credits in the second semester or re-apply.

Is there any way of extending the deferral into a "gap year" without losing the position in the course as it is a course I truly wish to do after I have done this voluntary work. I have already sent an enquiry to the department at the uni though I wish to hear your thoughts on what I should do.

This is really doing my head in, sorry.

X

xeuyrawp

As part of the deferral conditions they said I had to do at least half the credits in the second semester or re-apply.

Is there any way of extending the deferral into a "gap year" without losing the position in the course as it is a course I truly wish to do after I have done this voluntary work. I have already sent an enquiry to the department at the uni though I wish to hear your thoughts on what I should do.

This is really doing my head in, sorry.
You said it yourself pretty clearly...?

But noone here's going to really be able to help you unless you tell us what you're studying and where.

The best thing to do, though, is to contact the university and ask them.

27GV

HSC
You said it yourself pretty clearly...?

But noone here's going to really be able to help you unless you tell us what you're studying and where.

The best thing to do, though, is to contact the university and ask them.
Arts, Sydney Uni.

Apparently they allow up to 4 semesters to be "suspended" during your course, I am wondering whether they allow you to do so prior to the course.

You can suspend your candidature for up to 4 semesters in total throughout the course of your degree. You must complete degree requirements within 10 calendar years from commencement, including any semester/s of suspension. Suspension requests are due on or before the census date for the given semester.
My degree is 3 years and I have contacted the Uni days ago.

spazamataz

HSC
My friend did this at UoW.
It is possible if you go through the right channels.
Maybe go and enrol, and then defer again after a few weeks if its not allowed

27GV

HSC
[FONT=Calibri,Verdana,Helvetica,Arial]As long as you formally apply to suspend for semester 2, you will apply to re-enrol directly with the Faculty and not through the UAC.[/FONT][FONT=Calibri,Verdana,Helvetica,Arial][/FONT]
So that means, in theory, I just turn up and enrol directly to the faculty in 2011 and not have to worry about losing the course placement?
[FONT=Calibri,Verdana,Helvetica,Arial] [/FONT]

X

xeuyrawp

My degree is 3 years and I have contacted the Uni days ago.
You need to ring them. Emailing them is silly because usually over-swamped admin people will ignore emails if the question is easily answered elsewhere.

Based on what you've said, the answer is staring you in the face. Ignore what anyone else says, especially on here, and call them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)