Can u write a poem if... (1 Viewer)

thebigwillie

in the creative story section the question is like:
"If you want to expand your horizons take a journey" use this statement as the basis for a piece of writing. You may write in any form you choose.

Does this mean you could write the creative story as a poem? Any ideas of how long the poem should be? Thanx

srp123au

HSC
N/A
Yes! It says any FORM you choose therefore this means narrative, poem, report, speech etc...the length of it is up to you but you must consider that the form you have chosen to write in is complete and also that you are satisfied with your piece of creative writing. :)

saru

I heard that you get marked real harshly if you write a poem... The markers think that if it takes professional poets years to write a poem, why can you write one in 40 minutes...
But that's just what I've heard...

Jennibeans

HSC
Yea I agree with Saru we've been told by teachers DO NOT write a poem for the same reason - you can't write a good enough poem in 40 minutes even if you are a genius

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
I guess the rules are loose about poetry but I would never write it. It's EXTREMELY hard to get decent marks for it.

Sset561986

Any past exams that i've read have said you can write in any form EXCEPT poetry! Someone told me it's because poetry is really hard to mark - sort of a personal opinion thing i guess

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)