Bvetbio/DVM questions (1 Viewer)

Meccaman

HSC
Hi, I'm completing my HSC this year and I'm interested in this course. For 2016 admission however, STAT is no longer required, I just need the suitable ATAR and a commitment to veterinary science form. As this is the first year that STAT is not required for admission, how much could this affect the ATAR cutoff? And what were the ATAR cutoffs in prior years, including what the course used to be. Will a 97.5 be enough to get in?

maria98

HSC
Hi, I'm currently in year 11 and I'm aiming to get into the Sydney uni veterinary course next year as well. I believe not having the STAT will likely affect the commitment statement more than the atar because I heard somewhere that they're trying to get more experienced people into the course due to the declinning employment rates. Also heard the atar is on the decline due to the low employment rates but not 100% sure. But I think an atar of 97.5 should be enough so long as you have sufficient experience.

Jewls

HSC
N/A
Atar was about 98 a few years ago for the old style BVSc and has dropped to about 97.
The BVetBiol/DVM may have a higher ATAR as only a portion of the DVM students will go via that route.
They will need to leave room in the DVM for students coming from other degrees or other unis.
Do you know how many students they are allowing into the BVetBiol/DVM?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)