business/commerce majors (1 Viewer)

0o0

o0o
HSC
N/A
hi

what are some majors that you guys are doing? tell us about it, is it hard? interesting? more maths type or more essays sort of thing?

i know accounting/finance are the more popular ones and theres alot of info on these boards about them, but does anyone else do any other majors? like maybe managment, marketing, tourism, international business etc?

share your experiences.

klh

HSC
me-->Management.
Not hard, not easy, id say on the degree, its moderately hard.
Its to do with alot of theories and also some "ideal" ways to manage in todays context, so there is alot of essays involved.
The first consisted mainly of general business studeis such as management, accounting, information systems, marketing and then some more in depth management subjects like decision making and managing poeple at work (HR/ER type stuff).
Then this semester (now last) was in depth and about entrepreneurship, organsiational behaviour and org structures and design. Next will be about Org learning, managing change, the role of business in society and management issues. afte rthat its about strategic and international management and power.
Quite interesting, you learn about business in practice, making decisions (rationally) and social science.
However i do agree with that Four Corners and say that this is a Flashy and in demand but this course is actually meant for Postgrad i.e. after you have a more practical degree and want to go onto managment level.
However you do have electives to use for anotehr major so meh, its just taht i trasnfered and so i got academice credit so now i cant major in anything, not enough units free.
It interested me becasue well...it sounded nice and i thought it was initially interesting. Haha, youth eh? Now though, its still interesting and all, just that im stuck without being able to do a major so its affecting my experience. I'll prob. do some postgrad diploma to help this degree into more practical stuff.
ALso its not exactly then most easy way to find a job using this degree unless you do have a major, i mean you cant go into an org and be boss. well thats with anythign but id like to see myself in a n interview..What are your skills? i can manage poeple, make decisions and strucutre...uhhh, ok.
you want to know about info about the majors eh? management helps but im sure you wont need it until you do reach that level and then youll get training so do something else unless this stuff interests you.

hope it helps.

santaslayer

HSC
I'll be doing accounting I guess....but th more interesting ones would be logistics...wouldnt mind trying that....i think it can get quite mathem,atical though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)