Business/Commerce for CFO (1 Viewer)

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
I was wondering which Major, along with Accounting would be the best major to take if i want to one day be a CFO

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Chief Financial Officer? I would suggest either Finance or Management to go along with your major in Accounting. Economics would also be somewhat relevant.

theone123

blue essence
HSC
Korn said:
I was wondering which Major, along with Accounting would be the best major to take if i want to one day be a CFO
CFO's doesnt have to neccessarily be a one whom majored in accounting.

CFO's requirements need more than just a degree, like good attributes, good speaker, blah blah and some knowledge in finance doenst particular mean accting.

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
matt#1 said:
Chief Financial Officer? I would suggest either Finance or Management to go along with your major in Accounting. Economics would also be somewhat relevant.
Would a particular membership association be better, say like CA/CPA but in Finance, i dont know of any in the finance sector, however

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Korn said:
Would a particular membership association be better, say like CA/CPA but in Finance, i dont know of any in the finance sector, however
CPA/ CA accreditation would be great...but you can also recieve accreditation for Finance.

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
I saw a book in borders once, written by some guy who decided one day he wanted to be a CEO. But, like you, he didn't know what he had to be/do to become one, so he wrote to the CEOs of a heap of companies.

A few years later, he compiled the letters into book and now it sells for $17.95 or something.

Smart little bugger.

Anyway, my point is, why not find out some of the names of some CFOs and do the same? Write to them -- sure, some might be too busy: they'll put your letter in the bin. But there'll be others who might be flattered or like your initiative and respond. Everyone loves talking about themselves and giving advice.

Hey, at worst you lose a few dollars in postage.

aditya

HSC
accounting and finance yep... economcis - u would do econmetrics (also referred to as management science) would be useful once ur actualli CEO/CFO... BUT i dunt thikn itll help u in getting there... so yeh... accounting finance become a CA/CPA (id say CA) then do an MBA or other masters course and yeh.... be diplomatic...!!!!

mr_shittles

Big Chief
HSC
A top notch CFO is a smart accountant with strong analytical skills and really good people skills.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)