bruce dawe (1 Viewer)

M?????

i have to prepare a speech on consumerism. that would be easy, but the thing is we have to talk about the positive qualities about consumerism. how can "enter without so much as knocking", "Americanized" and "televistas" become positve???? any suggestions???

the topic for the speech is " despite the negative consequences of consumerism on society, it can also have beneficial qualities."

Missngel

im sorry but i cant think of any beneficial qualities in bruce dawes poems coz all of the themes are quite negative and Dawe uses poetry to criticise negative aspects of society.
You better ask ur teacher coz thats a hard one!!!:D

lazychic

** hOnEy_mELdeW **
positive? hmm..

but yeh dawes poem is focused on a negative way...using satires, black humour etc..

so i dunno... jus bullshit haha.. that always work as long as u back it up wit examples and the technique used to convey the msg etc.. :D

Scandrew

sorry, i know this post won't be of any help but...

DON'T YOU JUST HATE TOPICS/QUESTIONS/ETC LIKE THAT?

it's like asking eg "the more things change the more they remain the same" - friend told me about coming across that question for change.

the authorities just love making it hard for us, even though the question completely contradicts the purpose... guess they just wanna test us of bullsh*tting skills... for later purposes in life
:D

lazychic

** hOnEy_mELdeW **
thats english fo ya! lol..:D

and i also think if ur a good bullshitter u'd do well in english :p

arcarsenal

That's a real doozy. Bruce Dawe's material is to show his pessimistic opinion on the human condition due to consumerism.

Another useless post, but I had to show I agreed with you.

amiiii

the positive aspects of consumerism is that it gives us freedom of choice and convience. products have variety and we are more aware of its affects thus cosumer awareness. u can talk bout the message that dawe tries to present through satire, black humour etc.:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)